Phone System Services -Rolling-Meadows, IL 60008
Whether you need a legacy phone system maintained, or an
entirely new communications system for multiple offices, Andromeda Technology Solutions
is the answer you have been looking for. As our expertise also includes complete
data network solutions,
you can rest assured that we can fully integrate a communications system that will best leverage your existing or
future IT infrastructure.
In many cases, your telephone system is the first thing
people will experience when dealing with your business.
• Does it show your company in a good light?
• Is it set up so your clients have a good experience?
• Does it help maximize employee productivity?
Let us show you how a phone system should be set up!
Experience the simplicity of having an experienced company to handle all aspects of your communication systems, letting you focus on running your business.
Contact us or fill out the Request form on this page now to ask us to contact you!
lives to serve organizations like yours near Rolling Meadows, IL—at your level of need, your timetable, ...your budget!
Hybrid PBX and IP-based Phone Systems
We support a host of major phone systems—from Avaya, NEC, Panasonic to Toshiba— and are a certified Panasonic dealer for both a traditional PBX system,
as well as a true IP-based VoIP system. The beauty of these systems lies in
their very extensive feature set (over 800 features) and their mix-and-match
capabilities. Each system can mix analog, digital and IP phone sets to match
almost any application. Also, each system has extensive functionality
built-in for incorporating branch offices, work-at-home employees and other
We spend a great deal of time understanding all your requirements, so we can select the system and functions that are exactly what you need.
The Phones Become the Network
If you are considering an IP-based telephone system, it is important to
understand these systems are more data systems than phone systems. Unlike a
traditional PBX system, a VoIP system puts a significant burden on your data
network, and requires specific equipment and configuration to ensure
everything is running properly.
Many traditional telephone service companies lack the skills to properly
install and maintain a VoIP system. Andromeda Technology Solutions excels in
all aspects of voice and data, and will ensure you get the system that is
right for you.
Whether Cloud-based, Hosted/virtual PBX, or completely on-premises, we have the knowledge AND experience to guide you and implement your voice communication system to perfection.
Replacement of Legacy Phone Systems
We have many years of experience upgrading/replacing legacy phones systems from: ComDial, Nortel, Toshiba/Mitel,
and Samsung just to name a few. If you would like to experience service from a truly
customer-focused organization, call us when you are ready to replace and upgrade your existing legacy telephone system.
AndroPedia Tech Library
As part of our service, it is important to keep our client-partners well informed on Telephone system developments, news, and best practices. Here is just a sampling of typical items from our AndroPediaSM library archive:
What is Auto Attendant?
Auto Attendant is one of the most common applications we install with business phone systems.
It is a standard application that can satisfy many different tasks/needs.
In a nutshell, an auto attendant is a programmed add on for your phone system that will help answer calls and can route callers to proper destinations. Think of it as a receptionist program.
You can program the auto attendant to route calls during specific hours and you can also program different messages/directories to operate at different times of the day.
Most prospective customers will turn to the internet to do preliminary research for products and services.
But . . . once they’ve found the company or companies they are interested in, a phone call is still the most popular first step to contact your business and engage your services.
So, that means you’ve got a decision to make. You need to decide whether you want a live person to answer the phone and route your calls, or whether you would rather skip that step and have a program do the heavy lifting for you.
For many small to midsized businesses, the auto attendant is a great way to reduce overhead and make sure calls never goes unanswered.
Auto Attendant Best Practices
Proper auto attendant design and implementation is essential to the overall experience an inbound caller will have every time they pick up the phone and dial your number.
Some key factors to think about when designing your system:
- Make sure your introductory message is clear and concise – you don’t want people to get bored or annoyed with a long message every time they call in.
- Avoid too many options – nobody enjoys sifting through 14 options to find the place they are looking for.
- Keep it simple and keep it logical – prioritize your most popular departments/options towards the beginning of your message to speed up the inbound call process.
- Your directory needs to be up to date – who will be in charge of managing this?
Three Unique Ways You Can Use Auto Attendant
1. Use your auto attendant function to answer FAQs
Do people call your office often with the same questions? You can dedicate a space in your auto attendant directory to frequently requested info like your address, your hours of operation and more. This will save your receptionist and staff valuable time and provide prospects with the info they are calling to acquire.
2. Add a Directory
There are multiple different types of directory options available to you.
- Full list of staff extensions
- Search by first or last name for staff
- Department Directory
The option you choose is based on what you believe will be easiest and most helpful for inbound callers. By implementing a directory you avoid an endless list of options on your primary outgoing message and also add a layer of organization that prospects/customers appreciate.
3. Share Upcoming Event & Company Announcements
Your auto attendant program can actually be used as a great marketing tool for upcoming events and promotions. Have a seasonal promotion coming up? What about an office closing due to a holiday? Maybe there is some big news specific to your industry you want to share? All of these are things pieces of information you can distribute to inbound callers.
**Added Tip** Your Music on Hold (MOH) message can also promote events and promotions for you.
The post Auto Attendant: One Of Your Most Important Phone System Applications and 3 Unique Ways You Can Use It appeared first on Andromeda Technology Solutions.
“Time Is Money”
I’m sure you heard that one before. The fact is, downtime and productivity loss from pbx phone system failure can cost your business thousands of dollars in the blink of an eye. Today’s consumer has hundreds of options at their fingertips (literally); all one search engine away.
Don’t lose business all because your legacy phone system finally took a dive. You also don’t want to force your own hand when it comes to choosing a new pbx phone system due to lack of preparation.
That being said, check out these 5 signs your pbx phone system is on its last leg.
Signs of PBX Phone System Failure
- Your system is 10+ years old – Congratulations! Your system has served you well. Older systems probably don’t have parts in production or programming updates being rolled out which puts you at risk of a failure with no fix.
- Static Filled Lines – Nothing is more frustrating than a call filled with static. Faulty equipment and wiring can lead to this issue.
- Voicemail/Programming Issues – Possibly the most prominent sign your pbx phone system is on its way out are programming issues. Have you ever lost all of your scheduled programming or noticed completely inaccurate dates and times out of nowhere? Are voicemails disappearing on you? Maybe lights have stopped functioning and you are no longer notified when you have a message. Do customers and employees complain about programming issues like being routed to the wrong location or a buggy Auto Attendant function?
- Functional Limitations – Older systems don’t have many of the useful functions you have probably heard about in modern systems i.e. Voicemail to Email, Mobility, Remote Support and streamlined programming.
- System Overheating? – Many legacy systems don’t have adequate cooling systems. Do you have a fan sitting in front of your pbx phone system to keep it from overheating? That is an especially relevant telltale sign that your system is at the end of its life.
The post 5 Signs Your PBX Phone System Is On Its Last Leg appeared first on Andromeda Technology Solutions.
It seems like a new attack vector emerges on a weekly basis, and this week is no exception.� The latest threat:� Emails containing specialized audio files whose acoustic vibrations can damage your computer's hard drive. This is possibly damaging to the point of causing system failure, data corruption, and making it impossible to successfully reboot your machine.
As the researchers point out, "Intentional acoustic interference causes unusual errors in the mechanics of magnetic hard disk drives in desktop and laptop computers, leading to damage to integrity and availability in both hardware and software such as file system corruption and operating system reboots.� An adversary without any special-purpose equipment can co-opt built-in speakers or nearby emitters to cause persistent errors."
It should be noted that as scary as this type of attack sounds, in practice, it is of limited value.� An increasing percentage of laptops and desktop PCs sold today come with SSDs for storage, which are not vulnerable to this type of attack.
In addition to that, not just "any" sound will do.� For the attack to be successful, the acoustic vibrations have to be strong enough to do real harm, and quiet enough that the attack is difficult to detect, lest it be aborted immediately.� The combination of those two factors make it unlikely that this one will gain widespread attention from the hacking community.� Nonetheless, it pays to be both mindful and vigilant, especially if you have an older PC or work in an office with older equipment.
The research team who discovered the new attack vector have created a new sensor fusion model that could be delivered through a firmware update.� Once updated, it would prevent unnecessary head parking in the hard drive, thus limiting the potential damage the attack could cause.� So far, there has been no word that PC manufacturers are considering making the necessary changes to their firmware.� Time will tell.