Phone System Services -Riverside, IL 60546
Whether you need a legacy phone system maintained, or an
entirely new communications system for multiple offices, Andromeda Technology Solutions
is the answer you have been looking for. As our expertise also includes complete
data network solutions,
you can rest assured that we can fully integrate a communications system that will best leverage your existing or
future IT infrastructure.
In many cases, your telephone system is the first thing
people will experience when dealing with your business.
• Does it show your company in a good light?
• Is it set up so your clients have a good experience?
• Does it help maximize employee productivity?
Let us show you how a phone system should be set up!
Experience the simplicity of having an experienced company to handle all aspects of your communication systems, letting you focus on running your business.
Contact us or fill out the Request form on this page now to ask us to contact you!
lives to serve organizations like yours near Riverside, IL—at your level of need, your timetable, ...your budget!
Hybrid PBX and IP-based Phone Systems
We support a host of major phone systems—from Avaya, NEC, Panasonic to Toshiba— and are a certified Panasonic dealer for both a traditional PBX system,
as well as a true IP-based VoIP system. The beauty of these systems lies in
their very extensive feature set (over 800 features) and their mix-and-match
capabilities. Each system can mix analog, digital and IP phone sets to match
almost any application. Also, each system has extensive functionality
built-in for incorporating branch offices, work-at-home employees and other
We spend a great deal of time understanding all your requirements, so we can select the system and functions that are exactly what you need.
The Phones Become the Network
If you are considering an IP-based telephone system, it is important to
understand these systems are more data systems than phone systems. Unlike a
traditional PBX system, a VoIP system puts a significant burden on your data
network, and requires specific equipment and configuration to ensure
everything is running properly.
Many traditional telephone service companies lack the skills to properly
install and maintain a VoIP system. Andromeda Technology Solutions excels in
all aspects of voice and data, and will ensure you get the system that is
right for you.
Whether Cloud-based, Hosted/virtual PBX, or completely on-premises, we have the knowledge AND experience to guide you and implement your voice communication system to perfection.
Replacement of Legacy Phone Systems
We have many years of experience upgrading/replacing legacy phones systems from: ComDial, Nortel, Toshiba/Mitel,
and Samsung just to name a few. If you would like to experience service from a truly
customer-focused organization, call us when you are ready to replace and upgrade your existing legacy telephone system.
AndroPedia Tech Library
As part of our service, it is important to keep our client-partners well informed on Telephone system developments, news, and best practices. Here is just a sampling of typical items from our AndroPediaSM library archive:
Here at Andromeda, we wanted to bring you something a bit different for this month’s telecom blog. See below for a 2 minute video clip on 3 Benefits In Favor Of Upgrading To A VoIP Phone System. (Full transcript below)
Technology and the way we communicate with people has changed leaps and bounds over the last ten years. In business today, staying connected is no longer a luxury but is an expectation to meet goals and drive success.
Why Upgrade To A VoIP Phone System, Voice Over Internet Protocol?
Let’s look at 3 major benefits of upgrading your phone system to VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol).
- Lower overall cost than a traditional phone system – VoIP greatly reduces calling costs. Whether you make long distance/international calls, have multiple locations or make lots of calls locally. VoIP can utilize the internet and new phone services to transport calls while saving you money.
- Mobility – many new voice over internet protocol systems have the ability to integrate with mobile solutions, to provide consistent availability and access no matter where a user is located. What does this mean? Users no longer remain tethered to an office desk phone and become reachable whether they are on the go, remote or outside of the office.
- Feature rich communications – VoIP phone systems allow for a much broader range of features then a traditional phone system provides. For this reason, total cost of ownership is significantly lowered. Features such as integrated fax, voicemail to email, click to call, “find-me-follow-me”, video conference calling as well as user presence remain easily available through feature enhancements rather than hardware add-ons previously required in the past.
If you have been thinking about upgrading your phone system or interested in lowering your business costs, call us. One of our team members can assess your current situation and often times, the phone system and features you are looking for can easily be financed through the cost savings VoIP offers alone.
To find out more about VoIP for your business, send us an email or give us a call today!
The post 3 Benefits In Favor Of Upgrading To A VoIP Phone System appeared first on Andromeda Technology Solutions.
Last month we took a look at a couple different types of phone scams . We discussed the “Can You Hear Me?” scam and took a close look at Vishing scams. There were also some helpful tips that you can use and share with coworkers/friends.
If you didn’t catch the article, give it a read . . . you won’t be disappointed.
SMShing Phone Scams
Now, this may sound ridiculous but the scam is pretty tricky and very dangerous.
Similar to other ‘phising’ style scams, this fraud is based upon sending an SMS (text) message to your mobile device that tries to get you to provide specific information.
The criminal might ask you for login info, security updates, payment information verification or any number of things.
Like many other scams, there are ways to avoid and protect yourself from these attacks.
- NEVER provide security details over the phone unless you have directly reached out to the proper contacts. A bank, or any institution for that matter, is not going to text you and ask you to update security info or payment info or ANY info!
- Phone Number – never trust anything or anyone when it comes to your bank info. If the bank calls you, tell them you will call them back, then dial the number on the back of your card or the direct line to the bank.
- Trust your gut, don’t allow anyone to rush or pressure you and respond accordingly. Everyone is aware of how hyper alert we are these days, it never hurts to double check things and protect yourself. Better safe than sorry they say!
IRS Phone Scams
While we mentioned the IRS in our last post, we didn’t dive into the specifics of how criminals try and scam you via the IRS.
For the most part, when someone is contacted by the IRS it is pretty serious. Few questions are asked and you just want to figure out what went wrong right?
This is how scammers take advantage of you.
They use Caller ID software to mask their number and make it look like a government call. Then, criminals will tell you any number of things to try and get sensitive information.
You owe the IRS . . . .
There is a discrepancy with your taxes
If you don’t pay the authorities will arrest you
All of this is an intimidation technique and you don’t have to fall for it.
The IRS will not:
- Demand any type of immediate payment
- Ask for credit or debit card information over the phone
- Threaten to arrest you
- Refuse to allow you to ask questions or appeal
As always make sure to do your research and take matters into your own hands. Cyber criminals, scammers and hackers are all clever people (for the most part) and they come up with sneaky, intimidating ways to make you give them what they want.
If you have any questions feel free to reach our team and otherwise, share this with your family, friends and colleagues. Education after all is the best defense against this type of crime.
For further information about IRS scams check out this site
The post Popular Phone Scams & How To Avoid Them Part 2 appeared first on Andromeda Technology Solutions.
In recent months, hackers around the world have been finding new ways to invade people's privacy, hijacking an increasing number of cameras and microphones attached to smartphones and PCs.� Apple is responding to the evolving threat by introducing a new layer of physical security to their latest MacBooks.
The company has created a custom security chip which introduces a means of physically disconnecting the PC's built-in microphone any time the user closes the lid on the machine.
As the company explains:
"This disconnect is implemented in hardware alone, and therefore prevents any software, even with root or kernel privileges in macOS, and even the software on the T2 (security) chip, from engaging the microphone when the lid is closed."
It's a good move that helps at the margins, but it's far from being a comprehensive solution.� After all, you're still vulnerable while you're working, reading, or watching something on your computer, but it is an undeniably good first step.
The new security chip does far more than merely serving as a means to disable the built-in microphone, however.� It provides a host of new security enhancements that, when combined with the macBook's Touch ID system, makes the PC more secure than it ever has been.
On top of that, the T2 chip provides a number of non-security features as well, including:
- Auto balancing the FaceTime HD camera
- Enhancing the Apple video encoder and audio controller
- Controls the ambient sensor and the system management controller (SMC)
- Acts as an image processer that enables enhanced tone mapping
In short then, it's a good addition that's destined to make an already great computer even better.� Unfortunately, it's just a matter of time before the hackers figure out ways around most, if not all the new enhanced security features. Then the arms race will continue to its next phase.