Phone System Services -Kane-County, IL
Whether you need a legacy phone system maintained, or an
entirely new communications system for multiple offices, Andromeda Technology Solutions
is the answer you have been looking for. As our expertise also includes complete
data network solutions,
you can rest assured that we can fully integrate a communications system that will best leverage your existing or
future IT infrastructure.
In many cases, your telephone system is the first thing
people will experience when dealing with your business.
• Does it show your company in a good light?
• Is it set up so your clients have a good experience?
• Does it help maximize employee productivity?
Let us show you how a phone system should be set up!
Experience the simplicity of having an experienced company to handle all aspects of your communication systems, letting you focus on running your business.
Contact us or fill out the Request form on this page now to ask us to contact you!
lives to serve organizations like yours near Kane County, IL—at your level of need, your timetable, ...your budget!
Hybrid PBX and IP-based Phone Systems
We support a host of major phone systems—from Avaya, NEC, Panasonic to Toshiba— and are a certified Panasonic dealer for both a traditional PBX system,
as well as a true IP-based VoIP system. The beauty of these systems lies in
their very extensive feature set (over 800 features) and their mix-and-match
capabilities. Each system can mix analog, digital and IP phone sets to match
almost any application. Also, each system has extensive functionality
built-in for incorporating branch offices, work-at-home employees and other
We spend a great deal of time understanding all your requirements, so we can select the system and functions that are exactly what you need.
The Phones Become the Network
If you are considering an IP-based telephone system, it is important to
understand these systems are more data systems than phone systems. Unlike a
traditional PBX system, a VoIP system puts a significant burden on your data
network, and requires specific equipment and configuration to ensure
everything is running properly.
Many traditional telephone service companies lack the skills to properly
install and maintain a VoIP system. Andromeda Technology Solutions excels in
all aspects of voice and data, and will ensure you get the system that is
right for you.
Whether Cloud-based, Hosted/virtual PBX, or completely on-premises, we have the knowledge AND experience to guide you and implement your voice communication system to perfection.
Replacement of Legacy Phone Systems
We have many years of experience upgrading/replacing legacy phones systems from: ComDial, Nortel, Toshiba/Mitel,
and Samsung just to name a few. If you would like to experience service from a truly
customer-focused organization, call us when you are ready to replace and upgrade your existing legacy telephone system.
AndroPedia Tech Library
As part of our service, it is important to keep our client-partners well informed on Telephone system developments, news, and best practices. Here is just a sampling of typical items from our AndroPediaSM library archive:
VoIP stands for voice over internet protocol. Putting it plainly, this means that a VoIP phone system uses an internet connection to make and receive phone calls.
While on premises PBX phone systems are still a great option for many businesses, the option of a VoIP system can offer your business certain advantages.
Here are the 5 top advantages of a VoIP system for business telecommunications:
1 Excellent Call Quality – When you are placing a call or answering one you won’t be able to notice any difference in the quality from a traditional landline. As long as you have a constant internet connection and enough bandwidth to support call volumes, sound quality is exceptional.
2. Extra Features and Capabilities* – VoIP systems offer more flexible services at a better price. Here are some of the features your VoIP system can offer:
- Twinning – your desk phone and cell phone can be set to ring simultaneously
- Soft Phone option – you don’t even have to have a desk phone. Your VoIP calls can be made directly through a headset and your PC.
- Voicemail to Email/Text – have messages forwarded to your inbox or cellphone via text
- Teleconferencing – get your group together all on one call without adding more software
- Call recording – allows you to share recordings, or review
- Call logs – these can help with productivity, planning, etc.
*extras depend on individual plans and systems
3. Secure – Standard encryption protocols are used in VoIP systems. Be sure to discuss end-to-end encryption with your IT service team and telecom service group.
4. Portability – As long as you have internet access, you will be able to use your VoIP system. You will be able to make and receive calls from multiple devices. It also allows you to set a status to inform colleagues whether you are available to take calls.
5. Cost Effective – Operating costs for a VoIP system are less than for traditional phone companies. There is no separate network needed for data. Field workers can teleconference or video conference without traveling back to the office. They can also answer calls from almost anywhere. VoIP handsets are less expensive.
One thing your VoIP telecommunication system provider will discuss with you is having a reliable internet connection. This is an integral part of the entire system.
Andromeda offers many different options for business phone systems including VoIP. Give our telecommunication experts a call today to discuss which option would fit your business best.
The post 5 Advantages of a Professional VoIP Phone System appeared first on Andromeda Technology Solutions.
“Time Is Money”
The fact is, downtime and productivity loss from phone system failure can cost your business thousands of dollars in the blink of an eye. Today you have hundreds of options at their fingertips (literally); all one search engine away.
Don’t lose business all because your legacy phone system finally took a dive. You also don’t want to force your own hand when it comes to choosing a new phone system due to lack of preparation.
That being said, check out these 5 signs your pbx phone system is on its last leg.
Signs of PBX Phone System Failure
- Your system is 10+ years old – Congratulations! Your system has served you well. Older systems probably don’t have parts in production or programming updates being rolled out which puts you at risk of a failure with no fix.
- Static Filled Lines – Nothing is more frustrating than a call filled with static. Faulty equipment and wiring can lead to this issue.
- Voicemail/Programming Issues – Possibly the most prominent sign your pbx phone system is on its way out are programming issues. Have you ever lost all of your scheduled programming or noticed completely inaccurate dates and times out of nowhere? Are voicemails disappearing on you? Maybe lights have stopped functioning and you are no longer notified when you have a message. Do customers and employees complain about programming issues like being routed to the wrong location or a buggy Auto Attendant function?
- Functional Limitations – Older systems don’t have many of the useful functions you have probably heard about in modern systems i.e. Voicemail-to-Email, Mobility, Remote Support and streamlined programming.
- System Overheating? – Many legacy systems don’t have adequate cooling systems. Do you have a fan sitting in front of your pbx phone system to keep it from overheating? That is an especially relevant telltale sign that your system is at the end of its life.
We have several different options in business phone systems. Our knowledgable staff is here to answer any questions you may have and help you choose the most robust system for a great price. Contact us today.
The post 5 Signs Your Phone System Is On Its Last Leg appeared first on Andromeda Technology Solutions.
Do you sell goods and services directly from your company's website? Do you use X-Cart to do it?
If you answered yes to both of those questions, you may have had some issues with your sales platform.
Thankfully, the issues now seem to have been resolved, but according to the software vendor that makes X-Cart, the issue stemmed from a ransomware attack the company recently suffered. It brought down customer stores that were hosted on the company's platform.
While few details are known at this point, the issue seems to have arisen when attackers exploited a vulnerability in some third-party software that allowed them to gain access to X-Cart's store hosting system. Jeff Cohen is the VP of Marketing for Seller Labs, which is the company that produced X-Cart.
Cohen had this to say about the matter:
"We have identified what we believed to have been the vulnerability but do not wish to disclose the name until its confirmed by our security firm."
Reading between the lines of this statement, it appears that the investigation into the matter is still ongoing. However, apparently the attackers encrypted a small number of X-Cart's servers, which was enough to grind the system to a halt. Of interest, the hackers did not demand a ransom, nor provide any way for Seller Labs to communicate with them, so the company restored their servers from recent backups.
Not all stores were impacted evenly. Some went offline completely, while others simply reported issues with sending email alerts. In any case, Seller Labs moved quickly to restore service and the outage lasted only a few days. Unfortunately, a few days is a very long time, and some of X-Cart's customers are not happy, nor are they satisfied with the rather limited information the company has provided to this point. This prompted them to band together and serve Seller Labs with a Class Action lawsuit.
Everything seems to be back to normal at this point, but if your company was impacted, it pays to be aware of the pending lawsuit and consider how you might wish to proceed.