Phone System Services -Elk-Grove-Village, IL 60007,60009
Whether you need a legacy phone system maintained, or an
entirely new communications system for multiple offices, Andromeda Technology Solutions
is the answer you have been looking for. As our expertise also includes complete
data network solutions,
you can rest assured that we can fully integrate a communications system that will best leverage your existing or
future IT infrastructure.
In many cases, your telephone system is the first thing
people will experience when dealing with your business.
• Does it show your company in a good light?
• Is it set up so your clients have a good experience?
• Does it help maximize employee productivity?
Let us show you how a phone system should be set up!
Experience the simplicity of having an experienced company to handle all aspects of your communication systems, letting you focus on running your business.
Contact us or fill out the Request form on this page now to ask us to contact you!
lives to serve organizations like yours near Elk Grove Village, IL—at your level of need, your timetable, ...your budget!
Hybrid PBX and IP-based Phone Systems
We support a host of major phone systems—from Avaya, NEC, Panasonic to Toshiba— and are a certified Panasonic dealer for both a traditional PBX system,
as well as a true IP-based VoIP system. The beauty of these systems lies in
their very extensive feature set (over 800 features) and their mix-and-match
capabilities. Each system can mix analog, digital and IP phone sets to match
almost any application. Also, each system has extensive functionality
built-in for incorporating branch offices, work-at-home employees and other
We spend a great deal of time understanding all your requirements, so we can select the system and functions that are exactly what you need.
The Phones Become the Network
If you are considering an IP-based telephone system, it is important to
understand these systems are more data systems than phone systems. Unlike a
traditional PBX system, a VoIP system puts a significant burden on your data
network, and requires specific equipment and configuration to ensure
everything is running properly.
Many traditional telephone service companies lack the skills to properly
install and maintain a VoIP system. Andromeda Technology Solutions excels in
all aspects of voice and data, and will ensure you get the system that is
right for you.
Whether Cloud-based, Hosted/virtual PBX, or completely on-premises, we have the knowledge AND experience to guide you and implement your voice communication system to perfection.
Replacement of Legacy Phone Systems
We have many years of experience upgrading/replacing legacy phones systems from: ComDial, Nortel, Toshiba/Mitel,
and Samsung just to name a few. If you would like to experience service from a truly
customer-focused organization, call us when you are ready to replace and upgrade your existing legacy telephone system.
AndroPedia Tech Library
As part of our service, it is important to keep our client-partners well informed on Telephone system developments, news, and best practices. Here is just a sampling of typical items from our AndroPediaSM library archive:
For those of you following this series, this is the third and final installment of a 3-Part Series: Enhanced Phone Features For Enhanced Business. If you’re just tuning in, make sure to check out part 1 & part 2. In the last two articles we’ve covered twinning and the different functions it has in your office as well as hunt groups and the multiple forms they come in. Both of these features can increase communication within your organization as well as productivity. In this final article we are going to dive into two more enhanced phone features: Queuing and Hot Desking.
Enhanced Phone Features: Queuing
Queuing allows calls to a Hunt Group to be held in a queue when all extensions in the group extension List are busy.
For example, when you call your local pharmacy and direct your call to the pharmacist, you are placed in a specific call queue for that department. That is a combination of the hunt group and queuing feature.
When an extension becomes free, the queued call is then presented. Queue limits can be set so that only a certain number of callers can be in line at any one time. While queuing, a caller can listen to a recorded message or be directed to leave a voicemail for call back if this is configured in your system.
Enhanced Phone Features: Hot Desking
Hot Desking allows multiple users to use the same extension on your phone system. Every user is assigned their own identity so they can receive calls and can access their own Voicemail as well as other functions.
For example, your outside sales staff who visit the office infrequently can be provided with telephony and Voicemail services without being permanently assigned a physical extension. This is also a valuable tool for remote workers. If you have employees in multiple states etc., they can still have a physical extension.
As we mentioned at the beginning of this article, this is the final portion of a three part series on phone features and how they can enhance your business. Make sure to check out the first two sections:
- Enhanced Phone Features Part 1
- Enhanced Phone Features Part 2
You have a phone system already (we hope) but there’s a strong chance you aren’t leveraging it to full potential. This month we are offering a free consultation meeting to review your current solution and what features best compliment your business. This offer expires 9/15/17 so make sure to take advantage!
Fill out the form below to get in touch with a representative or give us a call today to schedule your consultation.
The post ENHANCED PHONE FEATURES FOR ENHANCED BUSINESS PART 3 (3 PART SERIES) appeared first on Andromeda Technology Solutions.
VoIP stands for voice over internet protocol. Putting it plainly, this means that a VoIP phone system uses an internet connection to make and receive phone calls.
While on premises PBX phone systems are still a great option for many businesses, the option of a VoIP system can offer your business certain advantages.
Here are the 5 top advantages of a VoIP system for business telecommunications:
1 Excellent Call Quality – When you are placing a call or answering one you won’t be able to notice any difference in the quality from a traditional landline. As long as you have a constant internet connection and enough bandwidth to support call volumes, sound quality is exceptional.
2. Extra Features and Capabilities* – VoIP systems offer more flexible services at a better price. Here are some of the features your VoIP system can offer:
- Twinning – your desk phone and cell phone can be set to ring simultaneously
- Soft Phone option – you don’t even have to have a desk phone. Your VoIP calls can be made directly through a headset and your PC.
- Voicemail to Email/Text – have messages forwarded to your inbox or cellphone via text
- Teleconferencing – get your group together all on one call without adding more software
- Call recording – allows you to share recordings, or review
- Call logs – these can help with productivity, planning, etc.
*extras depend on individual plans and systems
3. Secure – Standard encryption protocols are used in VoIP systems. Be sure to discuss end-to-end encryption with your IT service team and telecom service group.
4. Portability – As long as you have internet access, you will be able to use your VoIP system. You will be able to make and receive calls from multiple devices. It also allows you to set a status to inform colleagues whether you are available to take calls.
5. Cost Effective – Operating costs for a VoIP system are less than for traditional phone companies. There is no separate network needed for data. Field workers can teleconference or video conference without traveling back to the office. They can also answer calls from almost anywhere. VoIP handsets are less expensive.
One thing your VoIP telecommunication system provider will discuss with you is having a reliable internet connection. This is an integral part of the entire system.
Andromeda offers many different options for business phone systems including VoIP. Give our telecommunication experts a call today to discuss which option would fit your business best.
The post 5 Advantages of a Professional VoIP Phone System appeared first on Andromeda Technology Solutions.
You probably aren't familiar with the name Ata Hakcil. He's a computer engineering student who recently conducted one of the largest password security surveys currently available.
To conduct his research, he collected a number of username and password "data dumps" from the Dark Web and analyzed the passwords he found there. Hakcil was able to analyze a massive collection of more than a billion passwords, looking for trends and commonalities.
IT Security Professionals have long known that password security is an area of persistent weakness that leaves companies of all shapes and sizes exposed. Hakcil was able to measure and assess just how bad that problem is. What he found was depressing.
The most commonly used password in the collection he analyzed was simply '123456,' which appeared in his dataset more than seven million times. It is the most widely used password in the world. Put another way, a staggering 1 person in 142 was found to have used that simple password. As you might suspect, that is laughably easy for a hacker to guess using the simplest of techniques.
In addition to that, Hakcil discovered that the average password length is 9.48 characters, which isn't great. Given the password referenced above, is better than you might have guessed.
Other relevant and intriguing statistics culled from this study include things like:
- Only 12 percent of passwords include a special character
- 29 percent of the passwords reviewed used alphabet characters only
- 13 percent used numbers only
- Given the above, fully 42 percent of all the passwords in the dataset were vulnerable to quick "dictionary style" attacks that would allow a hacker to gain access with minimal effort.
- The most common 1000 passwords unearthed by this research accounted for 6.607 percent of the total, which gives hackers a long list of low hanging fruit to work with.
- With the most common 1 million passwords, the hit rate is 36.28 percent. With the most common 10 million passwords, the hit rate is 54 percent. This makes most networks incredibly easy to breach.
If you're wondering why we keep reading about so many high profile data breaches month after month, the results of this research go a long way toward explaining it, and that's unfortunate.