Phone System Services -Downers-Grove, IL 60515,60516
Whether you need a legacy phone system maintained, or an
entirely new communications system for multiple offices, Andromeda Technology Solutions
is the answer you have been looking for. As our expertise also includes complete
data network solutions,
you can rest assured that we can fully integrate a communications system that will best leverage your existing or
future IT infrastructure.
In many cases, your telephone system is the first thing
people will experience when dealing with your business.
• Does it show your company in a good light?
• Is it set up so your clients have a good experience?
• Does it help maximize employee productivity?
Let us show you how a phone system should be set up!
Experience the simplicity of having an experienced company to handle all aspects of your communication systems, letting you focus on running your business.
Contact us or fill out the Request form on this page now to ask us to contact you!
lives to serve organizations like yours near Downers Grove, IL—at your level of need, your timetable, ...your budget!
Hybrid PBX and IP-based Phone Systems
We support a host of major phone systems—from Avaya, NEC, Panasonic to Toshiba— and are a certified Panasonic dealer for both a traditional PBX system,
as well as a true IP-based VoIP system. The beauty of these systems lies in
their very extensive feature set (over 800 features) and their mix-and-match
capabilities. Each system can mix analog, digital and IP phone sets to match
almost any application. Also, each system has extensive functionality
built-in for incorporating branch offices, work-at-home employees and other
We spend a great deal of time understanding all your requirements, so we can select the system and functions that are exactly what you need.
The Phones Become the Network
If you are considering an IP-based telephone system, it is important to
understand these systems are more data systems than phone systems. Unlike a
traditional PBX system, a VoIP system puts a significant burden on your data
network, and requires specific equipment and configuration to ensure
everything is running properly.
Many traditional telephone service companies lack the skills to properly
install and maintain a VoIP system. Andromeda Technology Solutions excels in
all aspects of voice and data, and will ensure you get the system that is
right for you.
Whether Cloud-based, Hosted/virtual PBX, or completely on-premises, we have the knowledge AND experience to guide you and implement your voice communication system to perfection.
Replacement of Legacy Phone Systems
We have many years of experience upgrading/replacing legacy phones systems from: ComDial, Nortel, Toshiba/Mitel,
and Samsung just to name a few. If you would like to experience service from a truly
customer-focused organization, call us when you are ready to replace and upgrade your existing legacy telephone system.
AndroPedia Tech Library
As part of our service, it is important to keep our client-partners well informed on Telephone system developments, news, and best practices. Here is just a sampling of typical items from our AndroPediaSM library archive:
Have you ever spoken with a telecom salesman? If you have, you probably noticed they speak in what appears to be code. PRI . . . POTS lines . . . PBX . . .VOIP? What does any of this even mean?
Lucky for you, we decoded some of the most common telecom acronyms so that even you can speak phone system.
Most Popular Telecom Acronyms
- VoIP – (Voice over Internet Protocol) is an alternative way of making phone calls. VoIP transmits the sounds you make over the Internet. There are different styles of VoIP systems but the two most common are cloud based and on premise.
- SIP – (Session Initiation Protocol) is an industry standard method of achieving VoIP. Telephone Systems and many communications devices now have the ability to perform SIP protocol by way of trunk access (dial tone), video, etc.
- PRI – (Primary Rate Interface) a multi-channel digital circuit that brings 24 lines of telephone system communication for incoming/outgoing dial tone. Essentially, it allows multiple inbound and outbound calls at one time. This is often a less expensive approach for a company that has more than 10 analog (POTS) lines.
- PBX (Private Branch Exchange) This is typically a physical box on location at your business that holds all the programming required to make calls, transfer calls, host Voicemail and many other key functions.
- POTS – (Plain Old Telephone Service) also known as analog telephone lines.
- IP-PBX – (Internet Protocol-Private Branch Exchange) is a telephone system that integrates with Internet functionality such as VoIP and SIP services.
- PSTN – (Public Switched Telephone Network) is known as traditional telephone lines.
- ISDN – (Integrated Services Digital Network) is a set of communication standards for simultaneous digital transmission of voice, video, data, and other network services over the traditional circuits of the PSTN.
More questions? No worries, check out our Telecom Phone Systems page and let us help answer some of your additional questions! Or reach out to us for a conversation about your needs.
The post Phone Systems Decoded – 8 Commonly Used Telecom Acronyms & What They Actually Mean appeared first on Andromeda Technology Solutions.
Last month we brought you the first portion of a three part blog series dedicated to enhanced phone features and what they can do to enhance your business. If you missed it, please check it out here. As we mentioned in our first article, your phone system can and should do a whole lot more than simply ring. There are many features that can make your day to day simpler as well as more productive. Today we area going to focus solely on hunt groups and their functionalities.
Phone Features: Hunt Groups
A Hunt Group is a collection of users, typically users handling similar types of calls, e.g. a sales department. An incoming caller wishing to speak to Sales can ring one number but any number of extensions assigned to that Hunt Group can answer the call.
There are several styles of Hunt Group and each phone system has different options. For the purpose of these examples we are going to use an Avaya IP Office phone system and the phone features available. If you would like to learn more about the different Hunt Groups available on your specific phone system, feel free to reach an Andromeda rep at (815) 836-0030.
There are more extensive features available as well such as “Assign Call On Agent Alert” that allow for overflow or after hours call forwarding features such as night service/out of service modes. If you would like to learn more about these specific features or want to discuss how they can fit into your daily operations don’t hesitate to reach us. Feel free to fill out a contact us form or give us a quick call.
The post Enhanced Phone Features For Enhanced Business Part 2 (3 Part Series) appeared first on Andromeda Technology Solutions.
Do you use the VLC Media Player to watch downloaded movies and other videos?
If so, be aware that researchers have discovered a serious security flaw in the code that allows for remote code execution, which could compromise your system.
The vulnerability is being tracked as CVE-2020-13428 and is described as a buffer overflow issue.
This could allow an attacker to execute commands under the same security level as the currently logged in user.
Fortunately, VideoLan, the company behind the media player, has rushed to fix the issue and released a patch. Version 3.0.11 of the program is currently available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
VLC Media Player is one of the most popular and flexible media players on the market today, and boasts an impressive number of installs. Even if you only make use of it occasionally, if you've got it installed on your system, it is strongly recommended that you take a few moments to install the latest update. The company also took the time to address a few other issues with the code.
Installing the update will also address the following issues:
- Fixes HLS regressions
- Fixes a potential crash on startup on macOS
- Fixes imprecise seeking in m4a files
- Fixes resampling on Android
- Fixes a crash when listing bluray mountpoints on macOS
- Avoid unnecessary permission warnings on macOS
- Fixes permanent silence on macOS after pausing playback
- Fixes AAC playback regression
Video playback is something that many of us simply take for granted. Unfortunately, an unpatched version of whatever program you're using could leave the door open to an attack by hackers that could lead to a total system compromise. It's definitely worth checking to see if you've got the player installed, and then verifying that you're running the latest version.