Your business depends on technology that simply works.
If you are ready for peace of mind, a dedicated team monitoring, updating and managing your network and, most importantly, if you are ready to get rid of IT headaches once and for all, it's time to make the move to the premier Managed IT Services company serving Roselle, IL: Andromeda!
6 Ways Andromeda Does Managed IT Services Better
What Is An Andromeda C‑CAT?
A C‑CAT (Client-Centric Action Team) is a dedicated team that includes two Remote Service Techs
, and one or more IT Field Techs
whose activities are curated by an Account Coordinator(AC)
—each specifically appointed to service your
organization. With cat-like reflexes and precision, your Andromeda C-CAT will pounce on any IT issue, upgrade, or project. It's really the cat's meow for your IT needs!)
100% Live & Local Support
Andromeda's team is completely staffed by local technicians near Roselle, IL 60172. No matter the hour, your issue is resolved quickly and professionally. In fact, 68% of incoming calls are connected to a live technician for immediate response. When a technician isn't available, our average response time is less than 30 minutes. And if that isn't impressive enough, emergency after-hours support response times average less than 10 minutes!
Dedicated Account Teams
You deserve a team that truly understands your business and your needs. That is why Andromeda introduced Client-Centric Account Teams (C‑CATs). As a managed IT services in Chicago customer you have a dedicated account team. An assigned team means one point of contact as well as assigned technicians that are personally acquainted with your network and the unique needs of your business.
Done Right The FIRST Time
Nothing is more frustrating than believing an issue is resolved only to find that the work was only half finished or the problem wasn't actually fixed. We understand this which is why we monitor each ticket and track "Re-Open" work. We are proud to share that our "Re-Open" percentage is less than 2% on all open tickets.
Every business is different. We get that, which is why we customize our managed service agreements to fit the needs of each client. With multiple support packages and add on services, we will find a solution that works for you.
One Call – Multiple Technologies
Never waste time playing phone tag between different vendors again. Not only do we provide Managed IT Services in Chicago; between Telecommunication, Access Control, Security Cameras, Burglar Alarm Systems and Web Development/SEO, our team has you covered.
Close The Communication Loop
Nobody enjoys being left out of the loop. During business hours EVERY single call is answered live. We respond to emails within 2 hours or less and if your desired contact happens to be unavailable,
phone calls are returned within one hour.
Want a FREE Consultation or Have Questions For Us?
Just call: 630-243-0030 or fill in the Request Form below:
Your information will only be used for our own contact purposes and will never be shared with any third-party.
lives to serve organizations like yours near Roselle, IL—at your level of need, your timetable, ...your budget!
We are at your disposal in whatever capacity best serves you:
- Long-term MSP (Managed Services Provider) for all your IT, phone, and security needs
- "Special needs" implementer to augment the day-to-day tasks of an internal technical staff (e.g., initial setup of a new server or new phone system)
- Reliable "go to" solution provider for the occasional break-fix issue (HelpDesk and dispatchable techs)
Managed IT Services
As a premier Business IT Managed Services
provider, Andromeda specializes in protecting and safeguarding your data. We will work
with you to make sure all your network gear meets your needs…
…and your budget!
In an MSP role, Andromeda offers a range of service plans—anything from month-to-month "time & materials" based assistance to fixed service contracts that permit "no-brainer" conformance to an annual budget.
We even offer V.I.P. plans which permit you to "jump the queue" for HelpDesk and remote technical support assignments! Beyond the functions you would expect from a full-service MSP:
- Reliable & Fast Hybrid System Backup / Business Continuity Solutions
- Fast Data Recovery
- Network Management including 24/7/365 monitoring
- Virtual CIO role
- Security (spam control, anti-malware, containment & cleansing)
- End-to-End Internet Access & Web Hosting
- Email Account Setups, Mobile Syncing, Hosting, Archiving, and Cloud storage/services in Roselle, IL (e.g., Microsoft Office365 setups)
- Software Application Deployment & Database Repair
- Automated Patching
...Andromeda can offer so much more: a single, expert source for a full range of
physical security systems which can (and should) freely interact with your data network:
- Telephone systems—both hosted VoIP and traditional on-premises
- Building/Door Access Control
- Security Camera Systems and Video Surveillance
- Burglar Alarm System Installation & Monitoring
So, not only can we provide professional service for the full gamut of physical security needs of your growing organization, we are uniquely positioned to integrate those systems with any elements of your data and voice network. It is this integration that extracts the full power and usefulness of these systems for your organization.
Because Andromeda Technology Solutions is a complete service company, we
provide support for every aspect of your computer system and IT network:
- System design (for new networks or expansion of existing ones)
- Ordering/delivery/installation of network components
- In-wall & in-ceiling wiring & access boxes in new or existing structures
- Integration with your current network, security systems, alarm systems, door access…
- Computer configurations, email/network accounts, firewalls, security software…
- Complete system testing and staff training
all customized to your individual needs in Roselle, IL.
But our job doesn't stop there. Once your network is operational, we can continue
to support you with preventive maintenance packages, innovative approaches to
data backup, virus and Malware control, and anti-spam solutions.
Please contact us
or fill out a
New Contact form
on this page to have an Account Manager
contact you regarding the many ways we can assist you with your IT/computer networking needs.
Computer Network Infrastructure – Switches, Routers and Firewalls
Having a solid network infrastructure is critical to keeping your systems running
well and with minimal downtime. Truly, a $20 network switch from the retail store
down the street or the guy you know that "does some wiring on the side" is not
going to get you where you need to be. Neither are onsite-only or Cloud-only backup solutions!
Knowing that IT network wiring and
switches are the vital backbones of your operation, Andromeda employs only
experienced technicians and uses only business-class networking gear:
HP network switches • Cisco routers • Sonicwall & Netgear firewalls
WANs, VPNs – Multiple Locations and Remote Access
There are many ways to connect remote workers and offices, and each has
advantages and disadvantages. We will work with you to understand your
exact needs and select the method that best suits those needs.
We specialize in extending your network beyond the four walls of your main
office. This might include remote or branch offices, mobile employees or remote
access from your house for voice, video, file sharing and much more!
Wireless IT networks are quite popular and are fast becoming indispensible. However,
they generally cannot achieve the same level of performance as traditional wired
networks where security, reliability, and bandwidth are of premium importance.
Still, a wireless network is a great solution for a few roaming laptops or tablet PCs
overlaying your wired office areas. To overcome the potential shortcomings of
wireless, we use HP and Cisco Wireless Access Points, and we can guide you through
the do’s and don’ts of implementing a wireless network to avoid the pitfalls.
Computer Network Design and Infrastructure Wiring
Whether you are adding a few offices or doing an entire build-out from the ground
up, Andromeda Technology Solutions can help. We can provide infrastructure wiring
for your voice, data, TV, cameras, overhead paging, etc. Having one company to
handle all your wiring needs eliminates trying to coordinate vendors, minimizes labor
overlap, and decreases cost.
We are also available to assist in the design of your wiring. While architects generally
do a good job with this layout, we have a unique real-world approach that tends to
be more in line with what is actually needed for a working office. Involving us early
in the process will minimize the chance of having to run additional wires after your
construction is complete…when it's much more expensive to install!
Web/Email Hosting & Web Design
"Commodity" web and email hosting seem like great solutions…until they go down
OR you need to add a new account OR remove an ex-employee's access OR countless
other items that need attention more regularly than you initially imagined. Ideally,
your IT service that performs these functions for you should also host your web and
email accounts to avoid delays, transfer issues, and any number of other potential
mishaps. Andromeda is pleased to offer comprehensive hosting plans to do just that.
Through our plans, you can also choose additional premium services like website hit
tracking and statistics reporting.
Andromeda is also pleased to provide web design services—anything from simple
informational sites to complete new site designs featuring animation/video, multi-tiered
navigation, database-backed forms and social media interaction. We also have proven
expertise in the art of SEO (Search Engine Optimization)—a "must" for any company that
needs to generate new business leads from its on-line presence!
We have extensive experience in all aspects of networking:
- Managed IT Services Support in Chicagoland
- Computer LANs
- Computer WANs
- Computer VPNs
- Computer Network Switches
- Data Backup/Business Continuity
- Data Network and Voice Wiring
- Wireless Networks
- Remote Access
- Multiple Locations
- Web/Email Hosting
We can implement and maintain every part of your business network.
If you need:
- Managed IT Services Support in Roselle, IL (60172)
- Data Network Setups & Cloud Services in Chicagoland
- Computer Networking in Roselle,IL
- IT Tech Support in Roselle, IL (60172)
- Install Servers, Firewalls, Data Security in Roselle,IL
- Internet Network Setup in Chicagoland
- Firewall Network Security in Illinois
- Remote Office data networks in Roselle, IL (60172)
...this is where you
need to be!
Not Ready To Call Us Yet?
Download Our FREE Report And Discover 8 Benefits Of Managed IT Services in Chicago As Well As 12 Of The Top Criteria Any MSP Provider Worth Their Weight Provides
Choosing an IT partner is a big deal. Whether you're new to the concept of a Managed Service Provider or you're frustrated with your current vendor and looking for a new one, this report will help you focus on key factors and services you need to be aware of.
Fill out this form to claim your report!
AndroPedia Tech Library
As part of our service, it is important to keep our client-partners well informed on IT developments, news, and best practices. Here is just a sampling of typical items from our AndroPediaSM library archive:
File sharing is an essential portion of any business. It is the way we get information from one person to another. BUT, it can also be the way hackers gain access to your sensitive information – files or, worst of all, confidential data.
If you’re using Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, or other consumer-grade file sharing and cloud sync applications – or if you depend on file sharing of any kind to run your business (hint . . . you do)- listen up!
Here are 3 habits you should break yourself and your staff of immediately.
Top 3 File Sharing Habits to Break
1) Using Consumer Grade Solutions . . .
Consumer grade solutions are just that . . . consumer grade. You aren’t a ‘consumer’, you’re a business owner with sensitive data to protect. With more and more employees/businesses depending on BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) as well as the ability to access files any time & any place, it is important that your file sharing system is professional grade. Look for enterprise grade security options like SSL Encrypted Transfer, Firewall Protection, Password Protection and Virus Scanning.
2) Emailing Files Without Proper Encryption . . .
You may not care if a hacker gets a hold of your grocery list or photos of the family dog, but when it comes to confidential data such as financial statements, medical records or other sensitive materials, it is safe to say you cannot afford criminals sniffing through your files. For this reason, NEVER send files via email without proper encryption. Business grade email and proper practices can nip this in the butt. You’d be amazed how many files fall into the laps of cyber criminals this way though.
3) Using Flash Drives…
You spend time and hard earned resources to protect your network from outside threats . . . only to destroy everything when you innocently plug in an infected flash drive you picked up innocuously enough at a trade show. Flash drives bypass security systems you have in place and may run automatically without being checked for infection by your antivirus solution. If you must continue using flash drives . . . at a minimum update your antivirus to prohibit autorun and mandate scans to all USB-attached devices when plugged into your PCs.
The post Stop These 3 Hazardous File Sharing Habits Yesterday! appeared first on Andromeda Technology Solutions.
Cyber-Security is a big topic in the news. New businesses fall victim to hackers and cyber criminals daily.
Even high quality security programs and protocols can fall victim to cyber-bullies without proper employee training, awareness and attention to detail.
We believe education is one of the best defenses against cyber criminals.
With that in mind, we want to provide some valuable tips for spotting and avoiding one of the most popular scams/tactics cyber-criminals use against you: the Phishing Scam.
Email is essential to your business and every day communication. It is also one of the prime spaces hackers focus on to steal your information and sneak into your network.
This is because it is SO much easier to get a person to click on a link, input account info or download a corrupt file via an email scam than many other hacker strategies.
You’ve probably heard this but it’s true – “There’s one person in every office that will click on anything.”
Hopefully that person isn’t you!
But – with the information below, you’ll learn how to spot these scams and some strategies to avoid them altogether.
Phishing Scams 101
What are some of the Goals of Phishing Scams?
- Steal Sensitive Personal Info – Credit Card Info, Account Login Info, Personally Identifiable Information (SSN, Birth Date etc.)
- Gain control of your computer or network
- Install malware or other computer viruses
How do cyber-criminals convince you to fall for their plans?
- Deliver file attachments with harmful software enclosed – viruses/malware/keystroke loggers
- Trick you into clicking on bad websites that secretly infect your PC with viruses etc.
- Convincing you to give them username info and password info to desired accounts
Things you should look out for to spot and prevent Phishing Scams
- Make sure that the “reply to” email address matches the sent address
- Any message that creates a sense of urgency – especially regarding login info
- Any message that requests sensitive data
- Questionable links or links that don’t match the anticipated site/source
- Random social media messages asking you to click a link to see a video or receive specific info
Keep in mind and remember that legitimate companies won’t email you asking for passwords, sensitive info (social security numbers) or other sensitive data via email.
Sample Phishing Scams Explained:
- The ‘From’ email address is suspicious
- ‘From’ and ‘Reply-To’ are different and both are suspicious again
- When you hover over the ‘Restore Access’ button there is a link that doesn’t match any Microsoft destinations
- Bad sender domain
- Suspicious Subject & Content – generic name and sense of urgency to give up account info
- Bad grammar
- Suspicious link if you hover over the masked link.
- Bad domain in ‘From’ section – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Generic Greeting
- Bad link redirect
- Sense of Urgency in message to get your account info
Response Strategies/Protocols for suspected phishing emails:
In the office it is important to have conversations with employees and make sure everyone knows what to do if they suspect a bad email.
- We recommend alerting your IT partner or IT staff members of the issue.
- NEVER click any links you think are suspicious.
- If you are unsure of an email you can always contact the related company direct. For example, with respect to any of the above emails you can always go directly to their official page, grab contact info and call/contact support to confirm that the email is real.
- NEVER use contact info in a suspicious email to figure out whether it is real or not. Criminals put fake phone numbers and contact info in their messages so of course they will tell you that the email is real.
- Hold regular cyber security and data security training in your office to make sure employees are up to speed on the latest techniques/red flags.
The post How to Spot Phishing Scams and Stop Cyber-Criminals from Stealing Your Data appeared first on Andromeda Technology Solutions.
Cisco's Talos Security Team has identified a new threat, and it's a nasty one impacting more than half a million consumer-grade routers in the US.� According to the Talos Team's report, the new malware is impacting a broad cross-section of routers made by TP-Link, QNAP, Netgear, Mikrotik, and Linksys.
Known as "VPNFilter," the malware currently infecting routers appears to be the first stage in a multi-phase attack, with the first segment allowing the hackers to collect a wide range of communications data and slave the device to launch attacks on others.� The code also contains a kill command that allows the hackers to destroy the device at will.
As of now, the FBI has already taken swift action and has seized a domain used by the hackers as a means to deliver the later stages of the attack. They report that the primary and secondary means of further infection have been dismantled.� They also report, however, that the hackers still have a fallback method of infection, which relies on sending "poisoned" data packets to each infected device.
Based on an evaluation of the code and the presence of redundant mechanisms for delivering the later stages of the infection, the code has been traced to a Russian hacking group with deep ties to the Russian government.� The group is known by a variety of names, including Fancy Bear, Sofacy, APT 28, and Pawn Storm.
On the heels of seizing the domain, the FBI released a statement that includes:
"The FBI recommends any owner of small office and home office routers reboot the devices to temporarily disrupt the malware and aid the potential identification of infected devices.� Owners are advised to consider disabling remote management settings on devices and secure with strong passwords and encryption when enabled.� Network devices should be upgraded to the latest available versions of firmware."