6 Ways Andromeda Does Managed IT Services Better
What Is An Andromeda C‑CAT?
A C‑CAT (Client-Centric Action Team) is a dedicated team that includes two Remote Service Techs
, and one or more IT Field Techs
whose activities are curated by an Account Coordinator(AC)
—each specifically appointed to service your
organization. With cat-like reflexes and precision, your Andromeda C-CAT will pounce on any IT issue, upgrade, or project. It's really the cat's meow for your IT needs!)
100% Live & Local Support
Andromeda's team is completely staffed by local technicians near Riverside, IL 60546. No matter the hour, your issue is resolved quickly and professionally. In fact, 68% of incoming calls are connected to a live technician for immediate response. When a technician isn't available, our average response time is less than 30 minutes. And if that isn't impressive enough, emergency after-hours support response times average less than 10 minutes!
Dedicated Account Teams
You deserve a team that truly understands your business and your needs. That is why Andromeda introduced Client-Centric Account Teams (C‑CATs). As a managed IT services in Chicago customer you have a dedicated account team. An assigned team means one point of contact as well as assigned technicians that are personally acquainted with your network and the unique needs of your business.
Done Right The FIRST Time
Nothing is more frustrating than believing an issue is resolved only to find that the work was only half finished or the problem wasn't actually fixed. We understand this which is why we monitor each ticket and track "Re-Open" work. We are proud to share that our "Re-Open" percentage is less than 2% on all open tickets.
Every business is different. We get that, which is why we customize our managed service agreements to fit the needs of each client. With multiple support packages and add on services, we will find a solution that works for you.
One Call – Multiple Technologies
Never waste time playing phone tag between different vendors again. Not only do we provide Managed IT Services in Chicago; between Telecommunication, Access Control, Security Cameras, Burglar Alarm Systems and Web Development/SEO, our team has you covered.
Close The Communication Loop
Nobody enjoys being left out of the loop. During business hours EVERY single call is answered live. We respond to emails within 2 hours or less and if your desired contact happens to be unavailable,
phone calls are returned within one hour.
Just Call Us: 708-301-8814
OR fill in the Request Form below to be:
• Contacted by one of our Account Managers regarding your area(s) of interest.
(Your information will only be used for our own contact purposes and will never be shared with any third-party.)
lives to serve organizations like yours near Riverside, IL—at your level of need, your timetable, ...your budget!
We are at your disposal in whatever capacity best serves you:
- Long-term MSP (Managed Services Provider) for all your IT, phone, and security needs
- "Special needs" implementer to augment the day-to-day tasks of an internal technical staff (e.g., initial setup of a new server or new phone system)
- Reliable "go to" solution provider for the occasional break-fix issue (HelpDesk and dispatchable techs)
Managed IT Services
As a premier Business IT Managed Services
provider, Andromeda specializes in protecting and safeguarding your data. We will work
with you to make sure all your network gear meets your needs…
…and your budget!
In an MSP role, Andromeda offers a range of service plans—anything from month-to-month "time & materials" based assistance to fixed service contracts that permit "no-brainer" conformance to an annual budget.
We even offer V.I.P. plans which permit you to "jump the queue" for HelpDesk and remote technical support assignments! Beyond the functions you would expect from a full-service MSP:
- Reliable & Fast Hybrid System Backup / Business Continuity Solutions
- Fast Data Recovery
- Network Management including 24/7/365 monitoring
- Virtual CIO role
- Security (spam control, anti-malware, containment & cleansing)
- End-to-End Internet Access & Web Hosting
- Email Account Setups, Mobile Syncing, Hosting, Archiving, and Cloud storage/services in Riverside, IL (e.g., Microsoft Office365 setups)
- Software Application Deployment & Database Repair
- Automated Patching
...Andromeda can offer so much more: a single, expert source for a full range of
physical security systems which can (and should) freely interact with your data network:
- Telephone systems—both hosted VoIP and traditional on-premises
- Building/Door Access Control
- Security Camera Systems and Video Surveillance
- Burglar Alarm System Installation & Monitoring
So, not only can we provide professional service for the full gamut of physical security needs of your growing organization, we are uniquely positioned to integrate those systems with any elements of your data and voice network. It is this integration that extracts the full power and usefulness of these systems for your organization.
Because Andromeda Technology Solutions is a complete service company, we
provide support for every aspect of your computer system and IT network:
- System design (for new networks or expansion of existing ones)
- Ordering/delivery/installation of network components
- In-wall & in-ceiling wiring & access boxes in new or existing structures
- Integration with your current network, security systems, alarm systems, door access…
- Computer configurations, email/network accounts, firewalls, security software…
- Complete system testing and staff training
all customized to your individual needs in Riverside, IL.
But our job doesn't stop there. Once your network is operational, we can continue
to support you with preventive maintenance packages, innovative approaches to
data backup, virus and Malware control, and anti-spam solutions.
Please contact us
or fill out a
New Contact form
on this page to have an Account Manager
contact you regarding the many ways we can assist you with your IT/computer networking needs.
Computer Network Infrastructure – Switches, Routers and Firewalls
Having a solid network infrastructure is critical to keeping your systems running
well and with minimal downtime. Truly, a $20 network switch from the retail store
down the street or the guy you know that "does some wiring on the side" is not
going to get you where you need to be. Neither are onsite-only or Cloud-only backup solutions!
Knowing that IT network wiring and
switches are the vital backbones of your operation, Andromeda employs only
experienced technicians and uses only business-class networking gear:
HP network switches • Cisco routers • Sonicwall & Netgear firewalls
WANs, VPNs – Multiple Locations and Remote Access
There are many ways to connect remote workers and offices, and each has
advantages and disadvantages. We will work with you to understand your
exact needs and select the method that best suits those needs.
We specialize in extending your network beyond the four walls of your main
office. This might include remote or branch offices, mobile employees or remote
access from your house for voice, video, file sharing and much more!
Wireless IT networks are quite popular and are fast becoming indispensible. However,
they generally cannot achieve the same level of performance as traditional wired
networks where security, reliability, and bandwidth are of premium importance.
Still, a wireless network is a great solution for a few roaming laptops or tablet PCs
overlaying your wired office areas. To overcome the potential shortcomings of
wireless, we use HP and Cisco Wireless Access Points, and we can guide you through
the do’s and don’ts of implementing a wireless network to avoid the pitfalls.
Computer Network Design and Infrastructure Wiring
Whether you are adding a few offices or doing an entire build-out from the ground
up, Andromeda Technology Solutions can help. We can provide infrastructure wiring
for your voice, data, TV, cameras, overhead paging, etc. Having one company to
handle all your wiring needs eliminates trying to coordinate vendors, minimizes labor
overlap, and decreases cost.
We are also available to assist in the design of your wiring. While architects generally
do a good job with this layout, we have a unique real-world approach that tends to
be more in line with what is actually needed for a working office. Involving us early
in the process will minimize the chance of having to run additional wires after your
construction is complete…when it's much more expensive to install!
Web/Email Hosting & Web Design
"Commodity" web and email hosting seem like great solutions…until they go down
OR you need to add a new account OR remove an ex-employee's access OR countless
other items that need attention more regularly than you initially imagined. Ideally,
your IT service that performs these functions for you should also host your web and
email accounts to avoid delays, transfer issues, and any number of other potential
mishaps. Andromeda is pleased to offer comprehensive hosting plans to do just that.
Through our plans, you can also choose additional premium services like website hit
tracking and statistics reporting.
Andromeda is also pleased to provide web design services—anything from simple
informational sites to complete new site designs featuring animation/video, multi-tiered
navigation, database-backed forms and social media interaction. We also have proven
expertise in the art of SEO (Search Engine Optimization)—a "must" for any company that
needs to generate new business leads from its on-line presence!
We have extensive experience in all aspects of networking:
- Managed IT Services Support in Chicagoland
- Computer LANs
- Computer WANs
- Computer VPNs
- Computer Network Switches
- Data Backup/Business Continuity
- Data Network and Voice Wiring
- Wireless Networks
- Remote Access
- Multiple Locations
- Web/Email Hosting
We can implement and maintain every part of your business network.
If you need:
- Managed IT Services Support in Riverside, IL (60546)
- Data Network Setups & Cloud Services in Chicagoland
- Computer Networking in Riverside, IL 60546
- IT Tech Support in Riverside, IL (60546)
- Install Servers, Firewalls, Data Security in Riverside, IL 60546
- Internet Network Setup in Chicagoland
- Firewall Network Security in Illinois
- Remote Office data networks in Riverside, IL (60546)
...this is where you
need to be!
Not Ready To Call Us Yet?
Download Our FREE Report And Discover 8 Benefits Of Managed IT Services in Chicago As Well As 12 Of The Top Criteria Any MSP Provider Worth Their Weight Provides
Choosing an IT partner is a big deal. Whether you're new to the concept of a Managed Service Provider or you're frustrated with your current vendor and looking for a new one, this report will help you focus on key factors and services you need to be aware of.
Fill out this form to claim your report!
AndroPedia Tech Library
As part of our service, it is important to keep our client-partners well informed on IT developments, news, and best practices. Here is just a sampling of typical items from our AndroPediaSM library archive:
We are all guilty of it: connecting to free public WiFi. Whether it is at the coffee shop, hotel or airport, the temptation to check e-mail and surf the web is just too strong to resist. As with anything technology related, free networks pose a number of risks to your data security. Here are a few tips to help you keep your information safe.
Data Security Quick Tips for When Using Public Wifi
Confirm The Network Is Legit –
It is common for hackers to set up fake clones of public WiFi access points. The hacker sets up the clone to get you to connect to THEIR WiFi over the legitimate one made available to you by your neighborhood coffee shop or restaurant. Connecting to a hacker’s access point can expose critical data and passwords. To avoid jumping on an unsafe network, verify the name of the WiFi your location is providing.
Enable A Firewall On Your Devices Or Use a VPN
A dependable firewall will help protect your sensitive data. A Virtual Private Network (VPN) encrypts traffic between your device and the VPN server, which makes it much more difficult for an intruder or hacker to access your sensitive data and improves your data security. You can try to set up your own VPN for personal devices but we suggest professional support for any of your work devices.
Turn Off File Sharing & Keep Devices from Automatically Joining Networks
Sure, file sharing is a great way to collaborate and send photos or other documents simply and quickly with friends, but leaving this function on only leaves you vulnerable to intrusion. As an extra data security measure, make sure you turn this feature off whenever you aren’t at home. In addition, cellphones can be set up to automatically join networks with free WiFi. Does this help you save on data? Sure! But it also sets you up to fall victim to scammers. Make sure you never allow your device to join a network without getting your permission first.
Don’t Access Financial Sites Or Make Purchases
NEVER access financial, medical or other sensitive data while on public WiFi. Also, don’t shop online and enter your credit card information unless you’re absolutely certain the connection point you’re on is safe and secure. This is simply asking for trouble and breaks the data security’s number one rule.
There are many ways for you to protect your data and secure your devices from hackers and those that wish to do you harm. The surest way to protect yourself is a trusted IT partner who can ensure your devices have proper protocols in place. If you are concerned about your own devices or those of your employees, give us a call. We are always available to help.
The post Don’t Use Public WiFi Without Reading These Data Security Quick Tips appeared first on Andromeda Technology Solutions.
We’ve been polling our readers recently for topics of interest. Of course, cyber security and ransomware are hot topics but many of you mentioned that you are interested in quick tips you can follow or use yourself.
You ask – we deliver.
Without further ado – check out these 6 quick tips for best password practices
- Create passwords with multiple cases, symbols and numbers. Just be sure to avoid passwords such as “123456”, “qwerty”, “football”, “princess” or “password” – some of the most common passwords in 2016 according to SplashData.
- Don’t create a password based on personal details such as your birth date, an anniversary, phone number, social security number etc. While not everyone may know these details about you, they are among the first a cybercriminal or evildoer will attempt when trying to hack your account. Even worse, if your password data is compromised, imagine what a cybercriminal could do with that social security information if it was exposed.
- Avoid using the same password on multiple sites. We get it, remembering different passwords for all of your different sites and needs is difficult. It is important to create something unique for every login you maintain. Remember, if a hacker gets ahold of your password for one account, the first thing they will do is try that bad boy on bank accounts, social media, emails and anywhere else they can to grab sensitive information or even your hard earned money.
- Change your passwords regularly. We suggest changing passwords every 90 days. This can be a pain but if you maintain this practice you make getting into your accounts that much harder.
- Do Not keep a list of your passwords on your computer. Keeping a list of passwords is dangerous in any format. You open yourself up to great risk in doing so. The worst method for this is keeping a list of your passwords in a file on your computer. Instead, keep a list of each site and next to it write a specific clue that will only make sense to you. This can help jog your memory without spilling the beans if someone stumbles upon the file.
- Use Dual Authentication. Many apps and sites now offer dual authentication as an added security measure. Once you login to your account, you will be prompted for a code (either one you create or a randomly generated code). You put this code into the site as a second proof of your identity. This feature greatly reduces if not eliminates the likelihood of someone breaking into your accounts.
Password protection is difficult. The average Joe has anywhere from 20-200 passwords. We recognize that is a big gap but even memorizing 20 different passwords is a difficult task. With that said, we would like to provide you with a few useful tools that can free up your memory and manage your password security for you.
There are a variety of password managers on the market. We have used and enjoyed LastPass which comes with a free and premium subscription as well as an app for your phone. If you want to check out a variety of password managers and how they stack up – PC Magazine released their “Best Password Managers of 2017” earlier this month.
Password Security Tests
Platforms and websites do exist that will check the security of your password. There are even some websites out there that will tell you how long a hacker would have to spend to crack your code. Check out our recommended tool here .
Email Alias Tools
We’ve found an interesting tool that can help you keep track of your passwords but also creates aliases for your email address. This is useful because without your email address, a password is essentially useless. Now, of course you don’t want someone to have your password at all but this also helps you keep your inbox clear of spam and unwanted mail.
Any of these tools can help you out. If you have any questions feel free to reach the Andromeda Team Today!
The post Password Quick Tips – 6 Do’s And Don’ts appeared first on Andromeda Technology Solutions.
Security researchers from around the web are reporting finding an increasing number of instances of proof of concept (PoC) code that incorporates the recently discovered Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities.
If you somehow missed those earlier reports, Spectre and Meltdown are a pair of critical security flaws recently discovered in literally every Intel chip set made over the last decade.� Exploiting these vulnerabilities would give a hacker root-level access to the impacted system.
Since the discovery, the chip giant has been scrambling to fix the issue. However, their first attempt to do so caused so many system problems for people who installed the patch that the company is now recommending that users avoid it until they can come up with a better solution.
Unfortunately, that leaves you between the proverbial rock and a hard place.� Installing the patch will protect you, but cause you to experience system reboots several times a day and seriously degraded performance.� Not installing it leaves you at the mercy of the hackers.
So far, at least, it appears that most of the proof of concept code found is the result of security researchers playing with the exploits.� This includes testing them, seeing how they work, and how to prevent them.� That said, the researchers point out that it's all but certain that some of the PoC examples were created by teams of hackers who plan to use them in their next round of attacks.