Commercial/Building Access Control System Integrator: Design, Sales, Installation & Service
Building Access Control System Services -Warrenville, IL 60555
Protect your organization from costs involving: Employees, Inventory, Theft, and more.
Andromeda sells, installs, services, and supports a host of recognized, top-quality access control systems in order to provide the best possible solution to your office and building security needs. We focus on Access Control installations for local, medium-sized businesses like yours in Warrenville, IL.
By integrating an electronic building and office access system with security camera and burglar alarm systems through your computer data network, your business can reap many additional rewards beyond basic security/protection functions involving your employees, your inventory:
- Comprehensive intruder deflection & defense (including detection, restriction)
- Audit-trail and automated attendance reporting (to greatly improve and simplify other aspects of your daily, weekly, and annual tasks!)
No need to change locks, make or replace keys
All devices can be programmed by time-of-day and day-of-week on a "per entry-way" and "per employee" basis
Know who goes where and at what time - all the time!
Time and Attendance Reporting
Paperless time cards with break and lunch verification
Produce Email alerts and phone/camera system responses to entry breaches
Require two access methods for entry to sensitive areas
If someone does not enter legally, the same person is unable to exit.
Disable access entry at a moments notice.
Telephone System Control/Monitoring
Link 2-way intercom & door control to your phone handsets!
Andromeda Technology Solutions is a technical services provider offering 24/7 emergency response to areas like yours in Warrenville, IL 60555 with remote access converging voice, data, surveillance, and access control systems.
Let's Get Started On YOUR Access Control System in Warrenville, IL
Contact us or fill out the Request form on this page now to ask us to contact you!
lives to serve organizations like yours—at your level of need, your timetable, ...your budget!
We provide Building Access Control system design, installation, help, setup, repair, and tech support throughout Chicagoland and NE Illinois.
Besides the immediate Chicago metropolitan area, we are pleased to provide Access Control services to most of the surrounding suburbs.
AndroPedia Tech Library
As part of our service, it is important to keep our client-partners well informed on Access Control system developments, news, and best practices. Here is just a sampling of typical items from our AndroPediaSM library archive:
Last month we dove into three functions integrated security can offer your business: Enhanced Environment Regulations, Productivity Boosters and Visitor Management. (check out part 1 in case you missed it)
In this second part of our two part series on Integrated Security we will dive into a couple more features and introduce you to the Honeywell Pro-Watch Ecosystem.
Integrated Security – It Does A Whole Lot More Than You Thought Part 2
Employee Training & Certification Management – I know what you are thinking. How can a security system help me manage my employee certifications and training? Well, with applications and the right security suite, you are able to manage this information easily. On top of that, you can connect these pieces of information to key fobs and employee access protocols. For example, imagine your facility requires certain certifications and ongoing training for compliance reasons. You can monitor employee information. Fobs will automatically shut off access to controlled areas of your building if an employee does not have the proper documentation on file. This is only one piece of Compliance Report Management available to you with a professional integrated security suite. Never spend time worrying about compliance for NERC, Title 21 HIPAA, TSA etc. again.
Mass Notification – with integrated communications management you have the ability to automate notifications to assigned groups. The most common use for this is to send out information. Most notably to customers, employees and community members about closings, weather alerts and/or other urgent information. Get your message to the masses with a few clicks of a button!
Now, with all of these features in mind, it is important to point out that not EVERY integrated security suite provides these features. One of the most important things you need to be aware of when considering your solution is whether it is open or closed platform.
An open platform solution integrates easily with third-party systems. This means you can customize your solution to the needs unique to your business. As new technologies emerge and new software comest to market, an open platform system will grow with you. These same flexibilities are not easily attained with a close system product.
Ultimately, this is why Andromeda Technology Solutions partners with Honeywell to provide our customers a range of professional integrated security options via the Pro-Watch Ecosystem.
For more information on Pro-Watch and other Honeywell products, give us a call and speak with a representative today.
The post Integrated Security – It Does A Whole Lot More Than You Thought Part 2 (2 Part Series) appeared first on Andromeda Technology Solutions.
Installing cameras at your office or facility is important. But once you’ve invested in having CCTV cameras installed, how are you going to use the recordings to add value to your office?
When investing in security technology, discussing why you want the equipment and what you are trying to do with it is the most important detail in the whole process.
Sure, you want to make certain that you are covering the areas at your office and building that matter most:
- Parking lots
- Areas with valuable inventory
- Areas with high traffic or rate of incident
But, what is the objective and why are these areas important?
One of the first questions we have for prospects looking for security cameras is, “What made you decide you want cameras?”
We hear all kinds of answers – theft, suspicious employee activity, liability . . .
Sometimes, the answer is as simple as, “I know I’ll just feel better if I have them up”.
Often times, the why is the single most important detail for a professional security project. By addressing the reason for install, we are able to make sure you get a superior product but Andromeda can also help develop a solution that adds real value, real ROI.
That focus on providing value and return on investment brings us to today’s topic –
How Integrated Security and Video Analytics Software Can Help Decrease Theft, Increase Efficiency and Optimize Workflow at Your Facility.
First, let’s look at what Video Analytics Software is.
In a nutshell, video analytics software tracks video data recorded by cameras and enables automated monitoring of people, vehicles and objects within a camera’s view.
This is a powerful toll you can add to your integrated security arsenal. It transforms visuals collected by your camera system into influential data you can use to improve functionality at your building/facility.
To better illustrate how this works let’s walk through an example.
Picture a manufacturing or distribution center with high volumes of product and a few key issues they need to address:
- Theft: Items are mysteriously disappearing from the warehouse.
- Shipping & Receiving Issues: trucks are forced to wait in line to access delivery bays which causes unnecessary expense.
- Liability: due to employee incidents (dropped pallets, forklift related accidents and other damages), insurance premiums are rising.
This building originally wanted cameras so that they could have an eye on activities in the warehouse. This is a great first step – but as you know, having the recordings doesn’t mean you have a way to use them for positive change at the facility.
Honeywell’s Video Analytics Software: Active Alert®
Honeywell cameras were installed at designated locations but to truly add value and solve the issues the management team faced, Honeywell’s video analytic software Active Alert® was also installed to begin tracking patterns and monitoring activity at the warehouse.
Within the first month, the Honeywell Active Alert® detects several trends in the facility. Once these trends were identified, management adjusted:
- Theft: Facility managers designated high volume/traffic areas for camera placement. After compiling data, the source of theft was identified as pallets leaving the facility via pickup trucks after hours. By setting alarms and configuring the analytics software, any time a pickup truck approached the docks after pickup/delivery hours, an alarm sounded. The trend was identified and the culprits were caught.
- Shipping & Receiving issues: the operations team decided on checkpoints and installed cameras along the routes into their shipping and receiving areas. After compiling data, it became clear that drivers weren’t taking the shortest routes in and out of the facility which led to backups and confusion. The operations team invested in signs to help drivers get in and out of the facility quicker and reduced waiting time and charges by over 40%.
- Liability: The warehouse management staff knew they had to address forklift incidents. Cameras were installed and new routes/directional guidelines were implemented for movement in the warehouse. Additionally, employees were fined or rewarded for their incident records. At first, drivers incurred fines but word spread and within the first 9 months of tracking movements, the facility was able to lower its insurance rates because they had documentation of decreased incident/injury rates.
This warehouse knew it needed cameras. The management team knew they needed to prohibit theft, fix the shipping & receiving backups and lower their insurance premiums. Because this facility chose to work with a team of professional security experts, they got a solution that provided value well beyond recording equipment.
If you’d like to discuss your security concerns and how integrated security enhancements can provide real ROI, give us a call at the office.
To learn more about Honeywell’s Active Alert® video analytics software, find more information here.
And for a more in depth view on how Honeywell’s Active Alert® works in relation to warehousing and distribution centers specifically, take a look here.
The post How Integrated Security & Video Analytics Software Can Help Decrease Theft, Increase Efficiency & Optimize Workflow at Your Facility appeared first on Andromeda Technology Solutions.
If you're an Android user and you're interested in getting the latest on offer from the company, Google has announced that they're ready to release Android 11 to the general public.
As you read these words, the new OS should already be available for Google's Pixel line (Pixel 2 and newer), OnePlus, Xiaomi, OPPO and Realme devices.
Here's a quick preview of some of the new features Android 11 has on offer:
- If you press and hold the power button on your Android phone, you'll be able to view your Google Pay cards, along with the details of any Google-Assistant-connected smart home devices.
- The new OS makes screen recording possible, without the need for a third-party app.
- New media controls that relocates playback controls from the notification tray to the quick settings panel.
- Better media playback handling now allows you to change which device your audio is playing on.
- Bubbles, which are small avatars, now float on top of whatever app or screen you're on, allowing you to go back to any conversations you're in.
On top of these additions, the new OS also includes some additional privacy enhancements, including the ability to grant one-time only access to your location, camera or microphone. Each time you open an app that wants to use any of those, you'll be re-prompted to grant permission for that use only.
Finally, Android 11 improves the way devices handle work and personal profiles. While this won't matter much to personal users, Enterprise users will cheer, as it provides better separation between the two, preventing your IT admin from accessing any of your personal data.
All told then, there are a raft of good changes here you'll probably love. Again, by the time you read these words, you'll probably be able to put your hands on the latest from Google. Check it out at your next convenience!