Commercial/Building Access Control System Integrator: Design, Sales, Installation & Service
Building Access Control System Services -Roselle, IL 60172
Protect your organization from costs involving: Employees, Inventory, Theft, and more.
Andromeda sells, installs, services, and supports a host of recognized, top-quality access control systems in order to provide the best possible solution to your office and building security needs. We focus on Access Control installations for local, medium-sized businesses like yours in Roselle, IL.
By integrating an electronic building and office access system with security camera and burglar alarm systems through your computer data network, your business can reap many additional rewards beyond basic security/protection functions involving your employees, your inventory:
- Comprehensive intruder deflection & defense (including detection, restriction)
- Audit-trail and automated attendance reporting (to greatly improve and simplify other aspects of your daily, weekly, and annual tasks!)
No need to change locks, make or replace keys
All devices can be programmed by time-of-day and day-of-week on a "per entry-way" and "per employee" basis
Know who goes where and at what time - all the time!
Time and Attendance Reporting
Paperless time cards with break and lunch verification
Produce Email alerts and phone/camera system responses to entry breaches
Require two access methods for entry to sensitive areas
If someone does not enter legally, the same person is unable to exit.
Disable access entry at a moments notice.
Telephone System Control/Monitoring
Link 2-way intercom & door control to your phone handsets!
Andromeda Technology Solutions is a technical services provider offering 24/7 emergency response to areas like yours in Roselle, IL 60172 with remote access converging voice, data, surveillance, and access control systems.
Let's Get Started On YOUR Access Control System in Roselle, IL
Contact us or fill out the Request form on this page now to ask us to contact you!
lives to serve organizations like yours—at your level of need, your timetable, ...your budget!
We provide Building Access Control system design, installation, help, setup, repair, and tech support throughout Chicagoland and NE Illinois.
Besides the immediate Chicago metropolitan area, we are pleased to provide Access Control services to most of the surrounding suburbs.
AndroPedia Tech Library
As part of our service, it is important to keep our client-partners well informed on Access Control system developments, news, and best practices. Here is just a sampling of typical items from our AndroPediaSM library archive:
Installing cameras at your office or facility is important. But once you’ve invested in having CCTV cameras installed, how are you going to use the recordings to add value to your office?
When investing in security technology, discussing why you want the equipment and what you are trying to do with it is the most important detail in the whole process.
Sure, you want to make certain that you are covering the areas at your office and building that matter most:
- Parking lots
- Areas with valuable inventory
- Areas with high traffic or rate of incident
But, what is the objective and why are these areas important?
One of the first questions we have for prospects looking for security cameras is, “What made you decide you want cameras?”
We hear all kinds of answers – theft, suspicious employee activity, liability . . .
Sometimes, the answer is as simple as, “I know I’ll just feel better if I have them up”.
Often times, the why is the single most important detail for a professional security project. By addressing the reason for install, we are able to make sure you get a superior product but Andromeda can also help develop a solution that adds real value, real ROI.
That focus on providing value and return on investment brings us to today’s topic –
How Integrated Security and Video Analytics Software Can Help Decrease Theft, Increase Efficiency and Optimize Workflow at Your Facility.
First, let’s look at what Video Analytics Software is.
In a nutshell, video analytics software tracks video data recorded by cameras and enables automated monitoring of people, vehicles and objects within a camera’s view.
This is a powerful toll you can add to your integrated security arsenal. It transforms visuals collected by your camera system into influential data you can use to improve functionality at your building/facility.
To better illustrate how this works let’s walk through an example.
Picture a manufacturing or distribution center with high volumes of product and a few key issues they need to address:
- Theft: Items are mysteriously disappearing from the warehouse.
- Shipping & Receiving Issues: trucks are forced to wait in line to access delivery bays which causes unnecessary expense.
- Liability: due to employee incidents (dropped pallets, forklift related accidents and other damages), insurance premiums are rising.
This building originally wanted cameras so that they could have an eye on activities in the warehouse. This is a great first step – but as you know, having the recordings doesn’t mean you have a way to use them for positive change at the facility.
Honeywell’s Video Analytics Software: Active Alert®
Honeywell cameras were installed at designated locations but to truly add value and solve the issues the management team faced, Honeywell’s video analytic software Active Alert® was also installed to begin tracking patterns and monitoring activity at the warehouse.
Within the first month, the Honeywell Active Alert® detects several trends in the facility. Once these trends were identified, management adjusted:
- Theft: Facility managers designated high volume/traffic areas for camera placement. After compiling data, the source of theft was identified as pallets leaving the facility via pickup trucks after hours. By setting alarms and configuring the analytics software, any time a pickup truck approached the docks after pickup/delivery hours, an alarm sounded. The trend was identified and the culprits were caught.
- Shipping & Receiving issues: the operations team decided on checkpoints and installed cameras along the routes into their shipping and receiving areas. After compiling data, it became clear that drivers weren’t taking the shortest routes in and out of the facility which led to backups and confusion. The operations team invested in signs to help drivers get in and out of the facility quicker and reduced waiting time and charges by over 40%.
- Liability: The warehouse management staff knew they had to address forklift incidents. Cameras were installed and new routes/directional guidelines were implemented for movement in the warehouse. Additionally, employees were fined or rewarded for their incident records. At first, drivers incurred fines but word spread and within the first 9 months of tracking movements, the facility was able to lower its insurance rates because they had documentation of decreased incident/injury rates.
This warehouse knew it needed cameras. The management team knew they needed to prohibit theft, fix the shipping & receiving backups and lower their insurance premiums. Because this facility chose to work with a team of professional security experts, they got a solution that provided value well beyond recording equipment.
If you’d like to discuss your security concerns and how integrated security enhancements can provide real ROI, give us a call at the office.
To learn more about Honeywell’s Active Alert® video analytics software, find more information here.
And for a more in depth view on how Honeywell’s Active Alert® works in relation to warehousing and distribution centers specifically, take a look here.
The post How Integrated Security & Video Analytics Software Can Help Decrease Theft, Increase Efficiency & Optimize Workflow at Your Facility appeared first on Andromeda Technology Solutions.
It’s that time of year again (finally)! Warm weather has returned to the Midwest and the snow has melted for good. Time to open the windows, let in the fresh air and get some spring cleaning done. It’s also a great time to tackle some annual security camera maintenance on your CCTV camera system.
Regular security camera maintenance and upkeep is a great way to make sure that your cameras are functioning properly this year and for many years to come.
So what do you want to make sure and check up on, clean or even adjust during your security camera spring cleanup?
Check out the CCTV Security Camera Maintenance checklist below:
Camera & Camera Mounting Equipment or Housing
- Check the camera and camera lens for damage
- Is there any damage? Dings, Scratches or even cracks in lenses?
- Check camera field of view
- Is the camera monitoring the field of view you desire?
- Clean camera, lens and mounting equipment
- Dust camera lenses
- If camera is enclosed inside of a dome or other housing, make sure to clean the enclosure and dry it fully
- Visually check any exposed wiring
- Is there any wearing?
- All cables are firmly connected?
- All cable dressings are intact?
- All necessary insulation is still intact?
- If you suspect any wiring issues – contact your CCTV Camera support company for maintenance
- Viewing Permissions Audit
- Do all necessary personnel have access to remote viewing software on their PC, tablets or smartphones?
- Are there any personnel or devices that need to be disabled from remote viewing?
- Confirm cameras are recording
- Are all cameras showing up on your recorder?
- Are cameras recording properly?
- Check/Update Storage
- How much storage do you have for recordings? Do you need more?
- Confirm Backups
- Make sure viewing software and equipment are up to date
- If you are backing up your footage (we recommend it), test your backups to confirm they are functioning properly.
Ideally, we would suggest that you go through this security camera maintenance checklist quarterly. Far better to regularly check these things than to find that a camera, wire or other piece of equipment has been faulty for months and months. Additionally, today’s systems have updates and patches to their software that are important to maintain.
Andromeda can help you manage this process with ongoing security camera maintenance packages or regularly scheduled visits.
If you’d like to schedule some spring cleaning or get in touch with our team regarding your Security Camera needs you can call our office at (815) 836-0030 or email our team at Contact@WeNetwork.com.
Even Sweeter: Fill out the form below to get 10% OFF for a camera maintenance visit (if booked before 4/30/2019)!
The post SPRING CLEANING FOR YOUR CCTV CAMERAS! HERE’S YOUR ANNUAL SECURITY CAMERA MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST appeared first on Andromeda Technology Solutions.
Do you own gold? If so, and if you purchased it online, then odds are good that you bought it from JM Bullion, which is one of the largest precious metal retailers on the web.
If so, be aware that the company recently announced that their network was breached, and as a result, some customer credit card information was stolen.
It turns out that this issue dates back to February of this year (2020) although the company only became aware of the problem on July 6th, when they were alerted to suspicious activity on their website. By July 17th, they had identified a malicious script that had been injected into their site, which, according to the company's disclosure notification "had the ability to capture customer information entered into the website in limited scenarios while making a purchase."
The notification goes on to stress that the limited scenarios represented a small fraction of the total transactions processed by JM Bullion during the period, but the company has so far declined to give any information regarding the exact scope and scale of the incident.
By now, all impacted customers will have received an official notification by mail from the company, which includes next steps. If you haven't gotten such a notification, then odds are excellent that your payment card information wasn't compromised and there's nothing for you to do.
Either way, it pays to be mindful of the event and keep a sharp eye on the payment card you used to make your purchases on JM Bullion's site, just in case.
Needless to say, the offending script has been removed, and at present, there are no known issues with the site. Still, this serves as yet another reminder that no matter where you go on the web and no matter what you do, you are not safe. Stay vigilant.