Commercial/Building Access Control System Integrator: Design, Sales, Installation & Service
Building Access Control System Services -Blue-Island, IL 60406
Protect your organization from costs involving: Employees, Inventory, Theft, and more.
Andromeda sells, installs, services, and supports a host of recognized, top-quality access control systems in order to provide the best possible solution to your office and building security needs. We focus on Access Control installations for local, medium-sized businesses like yours in Blue Island, IL.
By integrating an electronic building and office access system with security camera and burglar alarm systems through your computer data network, your business can reap many additional rewards beyond basic security/protection functions involving your employees, your inventory:
- Comprehensive intruder deflection & defense (including detection, restriction)
- Audit-trail and automated attendance reporting (to greatly improve and simplify other aspects of your daily, weekly, and annual tasks!)
No need to change locks, make or replace keys
All devices can be programmed by time-of-day and day-of-week on a "per entry-way" and "per employee" basis
Know who goes where and at what time - all the time!
Time and Attendance Reporting
Paperless time cards with break and lunch verification
Produce Email alerts and phone/camera system responses to entry breaches
Require two access methods for entry to sensitive areas
If someone does not enter legally, the same person is unable to exit.
Disable access entry at a moments notice.
Telephone System Control/Monitoring
Link 2-way intercom & door control to your phone handsets!
Andromeda Technology Solutions is a technical services provider offering 24/7 emergency response to areas like yours in Blue-Island, IL 60406 with remote access converging voice, data, surveillance, and access control systems.
Let's Get Started On YOUR Access Control System in Blue Island, IL
Contact us or fill out the Request form on this page now to ask us to contact you!
lives to serve organizations like yours—at your level of need, your timetable, ...your budget!
We provide Building Access Control system design, installation, help, setup, repair, and tech support throughout Chicagoland and NE Illinois.
Besides the immediate Chicago metropolitan area, we are pleased to provide Access Control services to most of the surrounding suburbs.
AndroPedia Tech Library
As part of our service, it is important to keep our client-partners well informed on Access Control system developments, news, and best practices. Here is just a sampling of typical items from our AndroPediaSM library archive:
It’s no secret that smartphones, tablets and cloud services are changing the way businesses operate in 2018. Data from Pew Research Center – 95% of adult Americans now own a cellphone of some kind and 77% of those phones are smartphones.
Of these smartphone owners, a recent study from App Annie indicates that on average, a smartphone user spends over two hours daily using apps in their phone. There are a bunch of interesting stats:
- An average person has 60-90 apps installed on their device
- On average a smartphone user opens at least 9 apps a day
You can look at this more in depth here.
You can use your smartphone to access documents on the go, check in with your team and collaborate on projects – so why not apply that same availability and accessibility to your integrated security?
Read on to discover three ‘game changers’ you can take advantage of when you connect your smartphone and integrated security.
1. Smart Phone Badges for Access Control
Keyless entry is becoming more and more standard in professional buildings. It can streamline payroll, secure a building or section of a building and gives peace of mind among many other benefits. Traditionally, this technology has meant a reader at specific doors and key fobs or badges that allow/deny access once swiped. There can be issues with this though such as employees sharing key cards/fobs or losing them etc.
Within the last few years, access control systems have added the ability to scan smart phone devices for entry into buildings. With special programming and hardware the access control reader can use your smartphone just like a fob or keycard to grant or disallow access to your facility.
2. Remote Access via Smartphone for your Camera System
When it comes to cameras and recording equipment things have come a long way from recording footage to a hard copy of a tape. Recording equipment used to have restrictions on where you could view footage. Realistically, most installations involved cameras installed that hooked up to the recorder which also hooked up to a PC in a specific location. You could only view footage from that one PC.
Good thing those days are history!
CCTV Camera systems are now viewable from many different locations. You can install viewing software on your home PC, your laptop, your tablet and your smartphone. This means that when you are out of the office on business or when you want to see what’s going on at the office after hours, all you have to do is pull out your smartphone and open the software app.
From there you can view footage, zoom in and check things out easily.
3. Remote Access & Control for Integrated Security Solutions (Access Control & Burglar)
Whether you are out of the office regularly for meetings or just gone for the evening it is stressful to wonder whether your alarm system is armed or whether someone accidentally left the back door open.
With today’s integrated security solutions and remote accessibility via smartphones/tablets, you don’t have to let those worries keep you up at night. You can arm and disarm your building with the touch of a button.
You can also lock and unlock doors at your facility.
When all of these features are put together you are able to see what’s going on at your office from your phone. You can lock and unlock doors when needed – say if an employee needs to get in after hours. You can also arm or disarm your burglar system from anywhere.
You’re basically unstoppable . . .
But really, integrated security and your smartphone are a match made in tech heaven. For more information on smartphone features and integrated security give us a call at (815) 836-0030 or send us an email at Contact@WeNetwork.com. We’d love to hear from you.
The post Integrated Security And Your Smartphone – Three Game Changing Features You’ll Want To Implement appeared first on Andromeda Technology Solutions.
Installing cameras at your office or facility is important. But once you’ve invested in having CCTV cameras installed, how are you going to use the recordings to add value to your office?
When investing in security technology, discussing why you want the equipment and what you are trying to do with it is the most important detail in the whole process.
Sure, you want to make certain that you are covering the areas at your office and building that matter most:
- Parking lots
- Areas with valuable inventory
- Areas with high traffic or rate of incident
But, what is the objective and why are these areas important?
One of the first questions we have for prospects looking for security cameras is, “What made you decide you want cameras?”
We hear all kinds of answers – theft, suspicious employee activity, liability . . .
Sometimes, the answer is as simple as, “I know I’ll just feel better if I have them up”.
Often times, the why is the single most important detail for a professional security project. By addressing the reason for install, we are able to make sure you get a superior product but Andromeda can also help develop a solution that adds real value, real ROI.
That focus on providing value and return on investment brings us to today’s topic –
How Integrated Security and Video Analytics Software Can Help Decrease Theft, Increase Efficiency and Optimize Workflow at Your Facility.
First, let’s look at what Video Analytics Software is.
In a nutshell, video analytics software tracks video data recorded by cameras and enables automated monitoring of people, vehicles and objects within a camera’s view.
This is a powerful toll you can add to your integrated security arsenal. It transforms visuals collected by your camera system into influential data you can use to improve functionality at your building/facility.
To better illustrate how this works let’s walk through an example.
Picture a manufacturing or distribution center with high volumes of product and a few key issues they need to address:
- Theft: Items are mysteriously disappearing from the warehouse.
- Shipping & Receiving Issues: trucks are forced to wait in line to access delivery bays which causes unnecessary expense.
- Liability: due to employee incidents (dropped pallets, forklift related accidents and other damages), insurance premiums are rising.
This building originally wanted cameras so that they could have an eye on activities in the warehouse. This is a great first step – but as you know, having the recordings doesn’t mean you have a way to use them for positive change at the facility.
Honeywell’s Video Analytics Software: Active Alert®
Honeywell cameras were installed at designated locations but to truly add value and solve the issues the management team faced, Honeywell’s video analytic software Active Alert® was also installed to begin tracking patterns and monitoring activity at the warehouse.
Within the first month, the Honeywell Active Alert® detects several trends in the facility. Once these trends were identified, management adjusted:
- Theft: Facility managers designated high volume/traffic areas for camera placement. After compiling data, the source of theft was identified as pallets leaving the facility via pickup trucks after hours. By setting alarms and configuring the analytics software, any time a pickup truck approached the docks after pickup/delivery hours, an alarm sounded. The trend was identified and the culprits were caught.
- Shipping & Receiving issues: the operations team decided on checkpoints and installed cameras along the routes into their shipping and receiving areas. After compiling data, it became clear that drivers weren’t taking the shortest routes in and out of the facility which led to backups and confusion. The operations team invested in signs to help drivers get in and out of the facility quicker and reduced waiting time and charges by over 40%.
- Liability: The warehouse management staff knew they had to address forklift incidents. Cameras were installed and new routes/directional guidelines were implemented for movement in the warehouse. Additionally, employees were fined or rewarded for their incident records. At first, drivers incurred fines but word spread and within the first 9 months of tracking movements, the facility was able to lower its insurance rates because they had documentation of decreased incident/injury rates.
This warehouse knew it needed cameras. The management team knew they needed to prohibit theft, fix the shipping & receiving backups and lower their insurance premiums. Because this facility chose to work with a team of professional security experts, they got a solution that provided value well beyond recording equipment.
If you’d like to discuss your security concerns and how integrated security enhancements can provide real ROI, give us a call at the office.
To learn more about Honeywell’s Active Alert® video analytics software, find more information here.
And for a more in depth view on how Honeywell’s Active Alert® works in relation to warehousing and distribution centers specifically, take a look here.
The post How Integrated Security & Video Analytics Software Can Help Decrease Theft, Increase Efficiency & Optimize Workflow at Your Facility appeared first on Andromeda Technology Solutions.
If you're an Android user and you're interested in getting the latest on offer from the company, Google has announced that they're ready to release Android 11 to the general public.
As you read these words, the new OS should already be available for Google's Pixel line (Pixel 2 and newer), OnePlus, Xiaomi, OPPO and Realme devices.
Here's a quick preview of some of the new features Android 11 has on offer:
- If you press and hold the power button on your Android phone, you'll be able to view your Google Pay cards, along with the details of any Google-Assistant-connected smart home devices.
- The new OS makes screen recording possible, without the need for a third-party app.
- New media controls that relocates playback controls from the notification tray to the quick settings panel.
- Better media playback handling now allows you to change which device your audio is playing on.
- Bubbles, which are small avatars, now float on top of whatever app or screen you're on, allowing you to go back to any conversations you're in.
On top of these additions, the new OS also includes some additional privacy enhancements, including the ability to grant one-time only access to your location, camera or microphone. Each time you open an app that wants to use any of those, you'll be re-prompted to grant permission for that use only.
Finally, Android 11 improves the way devices handle work and personal profiles. While this won't matter much to personal users, Enterprise users will cheer, as it provides better separation between the two, preventing your IT admin from accessing any of your personal data.
All told then, there are a raft of good changes here you'll probably love. Again, by the time you read these words, you'll probably be able to put your hands on the latest from Google. Check it out at your next convenience!