Phone System Services -Rosemont, IL 60018
Whether you need a legacy phone system maintained, or an
entirely new communications system for multiple offices, Andromeda Technology Solutions
is the answer you have been looking for. As our expertise also includes complete
data network solutions,
you can rest assured that we can fully integrate a communications system that will best leverage your existing or
future IT infrastructure.
In many cases, your telephone system is the first thing
people will experience when dealing with your business.
• Does it show your company in a good light?
• Is it set up so your clients have a good experience?
• Does it help maximize employee productivity?
Let us show you how a phone system should be set up!
Experience the simplicity of having an experienced company to handle all aspects of your communication systems, letting you focus on running your business.
Contact us or fill out the Request form on this page now to ask us to contact you!
lives to serve organizations like yours near Rosemont, IL—at your level of need, your timetable, ...your budget!
Hybrid PBX and IP-based Phone Systems
We support a host of major phone systems—from Avaya to Toshiba— and are a certified Panasonic dealer for both a traditional PBX system,
as well as a true IP-based VoIP system. The beauty of these systems lies in
their very extensive feature set (over 800 features) and their mix-and-match
capabilities. Each system can mix analog, digital and IP phone sets to match
almost any application. Also, each system has extensive functionality
built-in for incorporating branch offices, work-at-home employees and other
We spend a great deal of time understanding all your requirements, so we can select the system and functions that are exactly what you need.
The Phones Become the Network
If you are considering an IP-based telephone system, it is important to
understand these systems are more data systems than phone systems. Unlike a
traditional PBX system, a VoIP system puts a significant burden on your data
network, and requires specific equipment and configuration to ensure
everything is running properly.
Many traditional telephone service companies lack the skills to properly
install and maintain a VoIP system. Andromeda Technology Solutions excels in
all aspects of voice and data, and will ensure you get the system that is
right for you.
Whether Cloud-based, Hosted/virtual PBX, or completely on-premises, we have the knowledge AND experience to guide you and implement your voice communication system to perfection.
Maintaining Legacy Phone Systems
We can provide ongoing support and maintenance for almost
every type of telephone system. Panasonic, Nortel, Avaya, ComDial, Toshiba,
just to name a few. If you would like to experience service from a truly
customer-focused organization, call us the next time you need some telephone
work on your existing system.
AndroPedia Tech Library
As part of our service, it is important to keep our client-partners well informed on IT developments, news, and best practices. Here is just a sampling of typical items from our AndroPediaSM library archive:
“Time Is Money”
I’m sure you heard that one before. The fact is, downtime and productivity loss from pbx phone system failure can cost your business thousands of dollars in the blink of an eye. Today’s consumer has hundreds of options at their fingertips (literally); all one search engine away.
Don’t lose business all because your legacy phone system finally took a dive. You also don’t want to force your own hand when it comes to choosing a new pbx phone system due to lack of preparation.
That being said, check out these 5 signs your pbx phone system is on its last leg.
Signs of PBX Phone System Failure
- Your system is 10+ years old – Congratulations! Your system has served you well. Older systems probably don’t have parts in production or programming updates being rolled out which puts you at risk of a failure with no fix.
- Static Filled Lines – Nothing is more frustrating than a call filled with static. Faulty equipment and wiring can lead to this issue.
- Voicemail/Programming Issues – Possibly the most prominent sign your pbx phone system is on its way out are programming issues. Have you ever lost all of your scheduled programming or noticed completely inaccurate dates and times out of nowhere? Are voicemails disappearing on you? Maybe lights have stopped functioning and you are no longer notified when you have a message. Do customers and employees complain about programming issues like being routed to the wrong location or a buggy Auto Attendant function?
- Functional Limitations – Older systems don’t have many of the useful functions you have probably heard about in modern systems i.e. Voicemail to Email, Mobility, Remote Support and streamlined programming.
- System Overheating? – Many legacy systems don’t have adequate cooling systems. Do you have a fan sitting in front of your pbx phone system to keep it from overheating? That is an especially relevant telltale sign that your system is at the end of its life.
The post 5 Signs Your PBX Phone System Is On Its Last Leg appeared first on Andromeda Technology Solutions.
Last month we took a look at a couple different types of phone scams . We discussed the “Can You Hear Me?” scam and took a close look at Vishing scams. There were also some helpful tips that you can use and share with coworkers/friends.
If you didn’t catch the article, give it a read . . . you won’t be disappointed.
SMShing Phone Scams
Now, this may sound ridiculous but the scam is pretty tricky and very dangerous.
Similar to other ‘phising’ style scams, this fraud is based upon sending an SMS (text) message to your mobile device that tries to get you to provide specific information.
The criminal might ask you for login info, security updates, payment information verification or any number of things.
Like many other scams, there are ways to avoid and protect yourself from these attacks.
- NEVER provide security details over the phone unless you have directly reached out to the proper contacts. A bank, or any institution for that matter, is not going to text you and ask you to update security info or payment info or ANY info!
- Phone Number – never trust anything or anyone when it comes to your bank info. If the bank calls you, tell them you will call them back, then dial the number on the back of your card or the direct line to the bank.
- Trust your gut, don’t allow anyone to rush or pressure you and respond accordingly. Everyone is aware of how hyper alert we are these days, it never hurts to double check things and protect yourself. Better safe than sorry they say!
IRS Phone Scams
While we mentioned the IRS in our last post, we didn’t dive into the specifics of how criminals try and scam you via the IRS.
For the most part, when someone is contacted by the IRS it is pretty serious. Few questions are asked and you just want to figure out what went wrong right?
This is how scammers take advantage of you.
They use Caller ID software to mask their number and make it look like a government call. Then, criminals will tell you any number of things to try and get sensitive information.
You owe the IRS . . . .
There is a discrepancy with your taxes
If you don’t pay the authorities will arrest you
All of this is an intimidation technique and you don’t have to fall for it.
The IRS will not:
- Demand any type of immediate payment
- Ask for credit or debit card information over the phone
- Threaten to arrest you
- Refuse to allow you to ask questions or appeal
As always make sure to do your research and take matters into your own hands. Cyber criminals, scammers and hackers are all clever people (for the most part) and they come up with sneaky, intimidating ways to make you give them what they want.
If you have any questions feel free to reach our team and otherwise, share this with your family, friends and colleagues. Education after all is the best defense against this type of crime.
For further information about IRS scams check out this site
The post Popular Phone Scams & How To Avoid Them Part 2 appeared first on Andromeda Technology Solutions.
OnePlus phones have been getting plenty of bad press lately, thanks to malicious apps found to be factory-installed on a percentage of the devices, along with some intrusive data collection features the manufacturer has installed. As it turns out, though, the story gets worse.
Recently, a security researcher going by the alias "Elliot Alderson" discovered a factory-installed application called "Engineering Mode" that can perform a series of intrusive hardware diagnostic routines, and can even be used to root the device. What's worse is that security flaws in the app make it easy for hackers to exploit.
Alderson believes that the likeliest scenario for the existence of the Engineering Mode application is that it was a diagnostic app installed and used at the factory to test OnePlus phones prior to shipment.� Somehow, the app was never uninstalled after the initial testing was completed, exposing OnePlus users to extreme danger of losing control over their devices and any data stored on them.
According to Alderson, all a hacker would need is physical access to the phone. Once he has it in hand, one simple command is all it takes to root the phone. Other researchers have independently verified Alderson's findings. Since he first published them, the company has admitted their mistake and promised to remove Engineering Mode from all OnePlus phones in a future update, although no ETA has given for when that might occur.
If you currently own and use a OnePlus phone, be aware of this and use with caution. Keep on the lookout for the update from the manufacturer which will remove the "feature" for you, but if you'd rather not wait, you can go into the phone's settings and manually remove it.
Physical security of smart devices has always been vitally important, but in the case of the OnePlus, that's doubly true. Keep it close!